Help with diving choices West Palm Beach area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't rule out Jupiter for new divers. You'll get 25-30 minutes with an aluminum air tank. I have found nitrox for new divers can be a waste of money. Most new divers exhaust the air in their tank before nitrox would extend their bottom time anyway. However, West Palm Beach diving will afford them more bottom time. Dive around. Try both.

I disagree with your nitrox comments. In S. Palm Beach County, an aluminium 80 with EAN 32 can provide two back to back dives up to 1 hour each. This on reefs that are second-to-none in the area. Yes Jupiter has great diving, but certainly no better than the other end of the County.

Boynton is really the beginning of the drift diving as you head north.
You tend to find a fair amount of anchored dives and wreck dives pompano and south but as you get to Boynton
and north it is mostly drift diving with some wreck diving.

I'm not sure where you come about this information, but it is incorrect. I know of only two anchored dives in S. Palm Beach and N. Broward. The first one is the Copenhagen (a 15 -20 ft. dive) on the Pompano dropoff. The other is diving the wrecks in the 60-90' corridor. Boats anchor on wreck above the divers.

The reef dives are all drift dives.... Even the shallow ones (30 ft reefs).

+1 for the United Carribean. Actually 3 wrecks (UC, Nuola, Sea Emporer) cover them all in one dive.

Last edited:
Scuba Club is a great place with a great boat. You can also contact Force-E scuba. They work with a lot of different dive ops and can help arrange the best fit for you and your family. These suggestions are for WPB and south.

I love diving the reef off WPB. You and your son will have a blast.

I would look in to Pura Vida Divers as well. They have a great reputation and work with younger divers all the time. Plus they only take a max of 12 divers out on each trip so you get quite a bit of personal attention. They're licensed by the State of Florida as a Training Facility so if you're interested in the drift specialty, they can help with that too. I agree the Blue Heron Bridge is a great addition to your trip. PVD is about 5 blocks away and can assist you with a private guide or just tank rentals if that's all you require. Have a great time in WP...lots to see and the diving is spectacular.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom