Help with go pro 3 underwater settings with red filter, Caribbean, 30-80 ft. Protune?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's the link Cozumel Diving - YouTube. My memory was off as I shot it in 1080/30fps but it was protune and raw for wb. Edited colors in cineform and just used iMovie for cutting and pasting. I shot continuously which makes adjusting WB fun as it was overcast. I chose a happy medium and stuck with it rather than trying to create key frames and adjusting a bunch. Oh, no music so you just get bubble sounds lol!

[video=youtube_share;4NTXch9GdOM]http://youtu.be/4NTXch9GdOM[/video]

I need to work on holding the camera more steady still though the aforementioned current didn't help. Hopefully by the end of the Turks trip I'll be taking somewhat decent video. I'll probably use 1080/60 for shallow dives and 2.7/30 for deeper dives.

Feedback is welcome. I shoot video for my own enjoyment and memories but would of course like to get as proficient as possible.

Nice! Colors look natural, only criticism might be that that you are moving kinda fast, could you slow the footage? Nice job tho!!!! Can't wait to see more. How did you get your youtube video here? I would like to post mine for feedback as well. Love all the soft corals and sponges.
Good job!

subscribed!

Lol! That was the current. I didn't have much choice and also didn't bring gloves so I didn't feel comfortable grabbing on to anything.

You can embed the video using the film icon in the reply tool bar. It's almost all the way to the right.

Thanks for the info, will try that. I hear you about the current, makes it a challenge for sure, your colors were really great, natural, nice job!

---------- Post added April 26th, 2013 at 09:19 AM ----------

href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-we6U1vCb94">[video=youtube;-we6U1vCb94]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-we6U1vCb94[/video]

Great video! Where in Hawaii was this? We're going back in 2016 for my daughter's 8th grade graduation present. She'll be old to dive then! Also, was this with your GP#?

my goto for diving coz is 2.7k protune raw with srp filter
Might play with 1030p 60 protune raw
But so far the results have been good with the goto
The 2.7 layed on a 1080 line allows you reposition, crop and zoom post production
I like that

Why is the rum always gone

Going to Caribbean next week. Any advice on camera settings for 30-80 ft, protune or not. I am very amateurish and use IMOVIE with good results. Love any advice.

I had the Hero2, I used to do the 1080p setting with (I think it was) 30 fps. I changed to 720p with 60fps and I couldnt believe the difference it made. Not familiar with the Hero3 yet but definitely go higher fps!

Also, check out the Aquapod (aka "Quikpod"). When I was in the Caribbean I saw a guy with one and I wish I had one! Definitely get an LCD backscreen. I didnt have either and wish I did. It was pretty frustrating reviewing my shark dive to see that I aimed my camera off by a couple angles, missing the good stuff! Another tip: bring a lot of 4 or 8 GB memory cards (Class 10 of course) and when you fill them up, download them to a USB or someplace else and back them up. A lot of people rely on just one 16 or 32 GB. I had a problem with one of my SD cards where it became un-readable so I lost about 3 days worth of dive footage. Learn from my grievances, haha. Seriously, feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions! Have a good trip :)

---------- Post added April 26th, 2013 at 04:45 PM ----------

Here's the link Cozumel Diving - YouTube. My memory was off as I shot it in 1080/30fps but it was protune and raw for wb. Edited colors in cineform and just used iMovie for cutting and pasting. I shot continuously which makes adjusting WB fun as it was overcast. I chose a happy medium and stuck with it rather than trying to create key frames and adjusting a bunch. Oh, no music so you just get bubble sounds lol!

[video=youtube_share;4NTXch9GdOM]http://youtu.be/4NTXch9GdOM[/video]

I need to work on holding the camera more steady still though the aforementioned current didn't help. Hopefully by the end of the Turks trip I'll be taking somewhat decent video. I'll probably use 1080/60 for shallow dives and 2.7/30 for deeper dives.

Feedback is welcome. I shoot video for my own enjoyment and memories but would of course like to get as proficient as possible.

Great colors man!!

Okay, KIWIBIRD, this is EXACTLY what I want to produce with the GoPro 3 Black. Obviously the visibility is fantastic. Could you give some guidance as to how you accomplished this? (slow, graceful sweeps? red filter? what else?) Excellent, truly...

2013-04-26_19-23-38_405.jpg
This is the tray for my go pro 3 my husband made for my dive trip. Custom to fit little me. Wasn't our design, want to give the creator credit, was a video on youtube, hope it works, if not it looks cool! Several other people have made them and they say they work well as a stabilizer and very easy to construct. Wanted to share.

Back
Top Bottom