Help with H-Valve Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wet-willie:
matts1w,

How about posting a pict of your tank setup? I just bought an LP108 that I intend to put an H-valve on. I figured I would run it just like I did my doubles, but since the tank hasnt arrived, I havent thought that much about it.

Willie

Next time I pull everything back together I will. I am back in the pool this week teaching and doing checkouts this weekend and therefore back to the simple rec configuration.

I just took my singles in for Hydro. When they come back, I'll be putting H-Valves on them. Routing will be the same as my doubles. Same as Perrone posted.

When not diving doubles I use a single st PST130 with an H valve....rigged like doubles. :wink:

Gilless:
When I refer to left/right post it is with the gear on...

Left post has

Primary Inflator
Backup 2nd stage (bungied)
SPG

Right Post has
Backup Inflator (i wear a mini-bertha redundant wing)
Dry Suit Inflator
Primary 2nd stage (long hose)

This rig is different from what others wear, but as yet no one has created an argument that would convince me to change it.

Steve

So how are you going to route the hoses when you dive mix?

Why do you need redundant bladders when you are diving dry?

omar:
So how are you going to route the hoses when you dive mix?

Why do you need redundant bladders when you are diving dry?

I will route the hoses the same when I dive mix other than argon for the drysuit- why wouldn't I want to do that?

The redundant bladder has a faster reaction than a dry suit, especially when wearing stages or deco bottles. And my preference is not to use my drysuit for buoyancy control for any reason. While a drysuit offers buoyancy control, its primary purpose is thermal protection. My bladders were designed for buoyancy control.

To me the risks of a buoyancy control issue related to a dry suit outweigh the added drag of the redundant bladder.

I wear stage/deco bottles on both sides, not confined to my left

Cheers

-s

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom