help with my brand new Atomic B2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just received a call from another gentleman at Atomic. He said they were going to explore options and get back to me.
Will see what there solution is.

UPDATE ON THIS
So i told Atomic i wanted a replacement set of regs if they could not duplicate the problem. If they took it all apart and found an issue that made sense i would of gladly taken them back. The problem is they did not find anything other then a high IP which i knew it already had.

Long story short, Atomic now agreed to replace the setup and mail me a new set. So that is good news. However, im taken back a bit that i have even had to deal with this. I was thinking to purchase my wife the exact same setup but now i have doubts about the Atomic equipment. They were not thrilled about offering me a replacement but they are doing it. So it should be noted that they are trying to make things right.

I feel guilty for asking for a replacement but i dont feel comfortable getting the old setup back and using it.

Thankfully Atomic appears to be coming through for you, with admittedly more effort on your part than should have been required. I'll be curious to hear back from you once you've had a chance to compare the replacement unit with the original unit to see if you can tell the real-world performance difference. I've always had good luck with Atomics, I've purchased all my Atomics used as well (much more affordable than new) and all my units have performed just fine, so you probably just had a bit of very bad luck....which I can sympathize with as I have returned home today from my cancelled live aboard trip to Costa Rica/Bat Islands -Guanacaste (Hurricane Nate)....we never even made it to the port/boat, flew in to San Jose Wed 10/4, killed 2 days at hotels, flew back home early this morning 10/6/17. We're supposedly getting a Free Trip Voucher good for the next 2 years to redo Bat Islands.......or Cano Island...or Cocos Island, so I only had to eat the airfare/luggage fees/taxi and 'maybe' the ZIp Line Adventure fee (this is still being researched/sorted out with my travel agent....maybe we'll get a Voucher or some sort of refund on that, should know soon.) We've already arranged to be back 7/14/18 for Bat Islands/Guanacaste to try our luck again, using our voucher. But it still really sucks to have missed out on my ONLY scuba vacation chance for this year!

I doubt very much that will happen.

I agree, they will give it a good working over and put it on the breathing machine too.

I own three Atomic ST-1's. They breath effortless, fantastic, any position or depth. They are the most position insensitive reg I own and I own a metric crap-ton of Scubarpo regs from Balanced Adjustables/158/109s, 108's, 190s, 380s, 390s, G-250's of all flavors including the HP and V (and most 1st stages they make or have made) and a G-500 that gave me fits but I finally got working correctly. That one taught me more than any course.

What i am saying, I have compared them to some of the best Scubapro makes and they are absolutely top notch performers.

Everybody makes a lemon from time to time. Give the manufacturer a chance to make it right, I bet they do.

So a brand new set of regs arrived yesterday in a box with all new atomic boxes, paperwork and testing results
Atomic did everything i asked thats for sure. The performance of the new regs have yet to be seen given i cant test them.
Atomic definatley pulled through with very good customer service.
However, this whole disaster has really turned me off from the thought of even diving. Not just because of this Atomic issue but also living in a land locked state and travel being so expensive. I will most likely just list the new replacement in the classified section and be done.

So a brand new set of regs arrived yesterday in a box with all new atomic boxes, paperwork and testing results
Atomic did everything i asked thats for sure. The performance of the new regs have yet to be seen given i cant test them.
However, this whole disaster has really turned me off from the thought of even diving. Not just because of this Atomic issue but also living in a land locked state and travel being so expensive. I will most likely just list the new replacement in the classified section and be done.
Seriously? So, let me get this straight - you know that you live in a land-locked state so diving will involve travel... you knowingly buy an expensive regulator set... you have an issue with this expensive regulator... the regulator set is ultimately replaced with a brand new unit... and this issue, magically, made you realize that diving is too expensive for you so you will sell the reg set? Great planning...

you know , i wrote you a big reply for being a jerk and then decided i was not going to engage such a person.
Good luck in life

Last edited:
Seriously? So, let me get this straight - you know that you live in a land-locked state so diving will involve travel... you knowingly buy an expensive regulator set... you have an issue with this expensive regulator... the regulator set is ultimately replaced with a brand new unit... and this issue, magically, made you realize that diving is too expensive for you so you will sell the reg set? Great planning...
The regs were independently verified to be having issues by a dive shop. Getting a replacement is the proper course of action. What he wants to do with it afterwards is his choice.

Agreed, if you have to fly to dive (which is also true for me unless I do a long road trip to the Tx Flower Gardens) it is rather spendy, and I make $ sacrifices in other areas to be able to do a trip from time to time, but scuba is such a big deal to me I give it as much $ priority as possible. But good luck in your future.

The regs were independently verified to be having issues by a dive shop. Getting a replacement is the proper course of action. What he wants to do with it afterwards is his choice.
I was not questioning the issue with the regs and the replacement - the Op appeared to have a real issue and Atomic did the right thing by replacing regs. I also have no issue with him selling the replacement regs - they are his to do with as he pleases.

I was merely expressing how I was amazed that someone would spend a lot of money on a high end regulator set without realizing that scuba was too expensive of a hobby based on where they lived in the first place. That's all. The Op is free to do as he wants and free to post it on a public forum - and I'm free to make an observation on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom