Help with Sony XR520 "Remote Ctrl"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello. I am trying to change my Sony XR520's settings to Remote Crtl "ON".
I have vague directions in my underwater housing's manual, and cannot find it in my camcorder's manual.
I have a Light & Motion housing and need to turn this feature on so that it can 'sync' with my housing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Home -> Settings -> General Set -> REMOTE CTRL................Sets whether the Wireless Remote Commander is to be used or not.

Thank you. Now to really get familiar with my camera. I didn't find the manual particularly helpful for settings and was mainly focused on playback of video, photos, and putting them onto the computer.
Now to introduce this camcorder to my Macbook.

I appreciate your help.

L&M is supposed to update their website very soon with all their new products and manuals. I'm surprised it takes them so long to do this. They have had the Bluefin for the Sony CX520 with the "one touch" MWB feature since last fall but you'd never know it by going to their website. They really need to do a better job with all of that.

By the way, I have the Stingray + housing and upgraded the handles so I can shoot with the Sony CX520 with the true "one button" WB option. I'll be trying it out for the first time in Bonaire next week.

I'm looking forward to their updated website. I haven't taken this system underwater yet. I'm going to take it on some dry runs first. It's first dive will be in Howe Sound, British Columbia. To prepare it for Bahamas!
Enjoy filming in Bonaire.

L&M is supposed to update their website very soon with all their new products and manuals. I'm surprised it takes them so long to do this. They have had the Bluefin for the Sony CX520 with the "one touch" MWB feature since last fall but you'd never know it by going to their website. They really need to do a better job with all of that.

By the way, I have the Stingray + housing and upgraded the handles so I can shoot with the Sony CX520 with the true "one button" WB option. I'll be trying it out for the first time in Bonaire next week.

I'd really aprreciate it if you could post your impressions. I myself am after a housing for my XR520 and am considering the new Stingray+, but haven¡t been able to find any reviews.

I'd really aprreciate it if you could post your impressions. I myself am after a housing for my XR520 and am considering the new Stingray+, but haven¡t been able to find any reviews.

As soon as I return I'll put something up if not before. I think I'll be able to hook up to the internet while I'm there.

I have the Sony XR520 and the L&M Blue Fin housing and I have to say that the combination is fantastic!! Very user friendly. I am still sifting through hours of video from Roatan/Utlia and hopefully will be able to post something soon. Worth the investment financially. The only real downside to me is that it is very negative in the water and they have not as of yet made a floatation device that makes it neutral or close to neutral. Anyone know to the contrary?

I have the Sony XR520 and the L&M Blue Fin housing and I have to say that the combination is fantastic!! Very user friendly. I am still sifting through hours of video from Roatan/Utlia and hopefully will be able to post something soon. Worth the investment financially. The only real downside to me is that it is very negative in the water and they have not as of yet made a floatation device that makes it neutral or close to neutral. Anyone know to the contrary?

Ask........and you shall receive!

Light and Motion Housing Float for Bluefin/Stingray

Back
Top Bottom