Help with Sony XR520 "Remote Ctrl"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah, another person converted !!!

MWB rules !!!

I'm a believer Ron. Night and day my friend! I'm still learning it but it really is a big difference.

By the way, Amy at L&M was right on with my problem about flipping the LCD screen out and open against the camcorder. Not a single problem since.

I have had a problem getting my MWB to work properly. How did you get yours to function properly? The manual wasn't that clear.

I can only comment about my CX520 but I do know you have to set up the menu right. There is a section on the CX series called "My menu". Here you can set the screen to display the most common items you may use. My camcorder allows for 6 items on the screen. Three in a left column and three in the right column. You have to make sure the "White Balance" feature is displayed on the top of the left column. I don't know that it matters what the other 5 are.

I also know you have to do a press and release of the WB button. If you hold the button down to long it will revert back to an auto white balance. It doesn't take much to press it for to long.

Mine has performed great. I just put my white slate in front of the lens and press the WB button. Of course half of the time I press the record button but I'll get use to it.

Let me know if your manual says anything about how to set up the my menu button or if you can even do it. I may be able to find a link that shows how the screen should be set up if you think that would help.

I can only comment about my CX520 but I do know you have to set up the menu right. There is a section on the CX series called "My menu". Here you can set the screen to display the most common items you may use. My camcorder allows for 6 items on the screen. Three in a left column and three in the right column. You have to make sure the "White Balance" feature is displayed on the top of the left column. I don't know that it matters what the other 5 are.

I also know you have to do a press and release of the WB button. If you hold the button down to long it will revert back to an auto white balance. It doesn't take much to press it for to long.

Mine has performed great. I just put my white slate in front of the lens and press the WB button. Of course half of the time I press the record button but I'll get use to it.

Let me know if your manual says anything about how to set up the my menu button or if you can even do it. I may be able to find a link that shows how the screen should be set up if you think that would help.

I found where I can set the Manual Dial to accept WB as an option. This version only allows you to set one item in the menu section. I just don't know how to access this through the housing. To control it on the XR520 you have to physically rotate the dial to adjust the WB. But I don't see how you can access the dial when it is in the housing. While I can adjust how much I want to change the WB, how would I get the camera to make the change while it is in the housing? I hope I asked the question the right way.

Anthony,

Does your right handle have a dedicated button for MWB? It would probably be the far button on the right at the top?

I don't have a MWB on either handle. On the right handle I have Tele, Wide, Rec, AF/MF, and Off/Pause.

That's what mine had also but I sent in my handles for an upgrade and what happens is the Off/Pause button gets replaced with a MWB button. You then have true "one push" WB. That upgrade is suppose to work for the XR series cameras as well as my CX series or so I'm told. I'll look for the link to show what I'm talking about.

here is the link of how mine now works.

Light and Motion :: Underwater Video Channel

Just click on the image of the diver with the housing and it should start playing how the one touch WB works. I think you can now upgrade your handles to do the same. It has to be the easiest WB option out there.

here is the link of how mine now works.

Light and Motion :: Underwater Video Channel

Just click on the image of the diver with the housing and it should start playing how the one touch WB works. I think you can now upgrade your handles to do the same. It has to be the easiest WB option out there.

Thank you VERY much for the information. I called Light and Motion and they sent me an email with the new upgraded handles and they look awesome!!!. I am shipping my current handles back to the store that I bought them from and they are going to upgrade them. This should give me my one button MWB. I would have never known about the handle upgrade without you mentioning it. Thank you again. Boy I love ScubaBoard!! :D

My "one push" WB worked perfectly all week. About 70 ft was the deepest I dove all this past week and it would WB at that depth each time I tried. I think it has a lot to do with the camcorder because the CX series is suppose to perform really well in low light. I think your camcorder is the same way. So when you get your handles back you should be set.

Hope it all comes together for you!

Back
Top Bottom