Help with Sony XR520 "Remote Ctrl"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope it helps! Like I said, you would think they would have that stuff up on their website! Maybe soon.

I am sure it will. I had to make a DIY version to keep the unit semi neutral and it just did not work out well. I called L&M and they said something was in development but wasn't sure when it would be ready for production. This was in October of last year. Looks like they finally got around to it. I placed the order with Dolphin Scuba but they say it is back ordered for a month or so. :depressed:

Thank you again for your help. I am still excited about getting it when it does arrive.

Glad I could help my friend! I'll be diving with my rig starting Sunday with the Sunray LED 1000's attached. If I find it to be too negative as well I may order one myself. Maybe it would get to me in time for out trip to Little Cayman in May!

When it comes in you will truly be a life saver :). I use the Sunray 2000 lights and the rig is definitely negative in the water. I spent a good portion of the dive just trying to support it rather than just guiding it. The boat crew on the Utilia Aggressor was GREAT in attempting to create a temporary support system using pvc tubes, but having a floatation device specifically designed for the unit would have made a world of difference. If you are going in May I would order the float today. After what you have spent getting the rig already, this will be a worthwhile investment.

You might check with Backscatter. Backscatter : Underwater Video

If they don't have one, someone might be willing to walk across the street to Light and Motion and see if they have any.

You might check with Backscatter. Backscatter : Underwater Video

If they don't have one, someone might be willing to walk across the street to Light and Motion and see if they have any.

I called them and they have 1 unit left!! They are shipping it to me on Monday. Thank you again Steve for your help. Interestingly the lady who helped me said that there were about 4 different designs that were made and this is the one that Backscatter decided on. They don't make the others anymore, including the one on Dolphin Scuba's website, which was the link sent to me in an earlier post.

In either event, I am very excited about getting the float. Thanks again guys.

Hello. Does anyone know where to pick up some red filters or diffusers for the Light and Motion Sunray 2000 lights? I wasn't able to find any on the official website or backscatter.

Thanks.

Thought I'd give a quick update while I'm here in Bonaire. The one touch WB works flawlessly! I have been able to get it to WB at 70 ft. with no problem. To me, my video is night and day over the video I took in Belize when I had this same housing but no WB capability. (I was shooting with a HC/7) My colors are much more vivid.

The only problem I have had was when I pushed the on button at the back of the housing the camera would come on and then shut itself right back off. Sometimes I would have to try it 10 times and other times it would come on the first time. But the L&M people e-mailed me and said I needed to flip the LCD screen on the camcorder around and against the camcorder so the screen faced out. They said that would solve my problem so I'll try that from now on.

Overall the system is great! (Assuming I fix the turn on/off situation)

BDSC

Thought I'd give a quick update while I'm here in Bonaire. The one touch WB works flawlessly! I have been able to get it to WB at 70 ft. with no problem. To me, my video is night and day over the video I took in Belize when I had this same housing but no WB capability. (I was shooting with a HC/7) My colors are much more vivid.

The only problem I have had was when I pushed the on button at the back of the housing the camera would come on and then shut itself right back off. Sometimes I would have to try it 10 times and other times it would come on the first time. But the L&M people e-mailed me and said I needed to flip the LCD screen on the camcorder around and against the camcorder so the screen faced out. They said that would solve my problem so I'll try that from now on.

Overall the system is great! (Assuming I fix the turn on/off situation)

BDSC

I have had a problem getting my MWB to work properly. How did you get yours to function properly? The manual wasn't that clear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom