help with trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwesler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just switched to jet fins from quattros, and I find my trim a bit down by my feet. I prefer my trim to have my feet a bit higher to avoid viz issues. I wear 10lbs on my belt, with a 1.5 aluminium bp and a 27lb wing.

Any suggestions? A weight headband? :jester:

Ken

PS. I did not feel comfortable with integrated weights, but now that I have done Rescue, I can see the value. Any comments on that would be appreciated as well.

I have a similar setup but use the SS backplate which puts 6 lbs. on my back as opposed to 1 lb. with alum. I put 4lbs on the belt in fresh water and use the x large jet fins also.

Tommy

Originally posted by kwesler
I just switched to jet fins from quattros, and I find my trim a bit down by my feet. I prefer my trim to have my feet a bit higher to avoid viz issues. I wear 10lbs on my belt, with a 1.5 aluminium bp and a 27lb wing.

Any suggestions? A weight headband? :jester:

Ken

PS. I did not feel comfortable with integrated weights, but now that I have done Rescue, I can see the value. Any comments on that would be appreciated as well.
A simple, though not very elegant solution is to put an ankle weight around the tank valve.
More elegant is to attach a little trim weight to the upper part of your BP - you can even bolt it in the upper channel.
Rick

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
... move your tank up.
That works great with steel, but with AL80's it can actually exacerbate the problem toward the end of the dive... and I'm guessing we're talking AL80 here...
Are we, Kwesler?
Rick

Actualy there's even a simpler solution, that dosen't need any accesories- Simply place your weight-belt higher. When I dive short suit I put my belt as high as my armpits, and it gives me perfect trim. You may probobly not need it as high as that. It might get under your BC, but if you'r a capable diver it shouldn't be a problem.

90% of the time we are talking al80...

Thank you for the suggestions-I will try all of them and mix and match until I get the right results. I though of going SS myslef, but was reluctant since I travel so much to dive, but what's another 4.5 lbs?!

Ken

I had the same problem. A 1 1/2 lb ankle weight around the tank valve did the trick for me.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom