Help with trip to Kauai next week!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

breken

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any recent info. I'm lucky enough to be coming to Kauai next week (last minute work trip to PMRF). It'll be my first trip to Hawaii, and I'll be bringing my girlfriend and staying a couple days extra.

I've read through many of the threads and got some excellent dive recommendations (I'll be doing some of that for sure), but I'm wondering if any of the locals might have a good recommendation of a place to stay. Being that my girlfriend will be trapped while I'm at work, it would be nice if the accommodations were close to fun activities (she's a non-diver), Also, I'd have a hard time trying to justify over $250-$300/night to my company. I don't really care about the morning drive to work, and right now I'm looking around Poipu.

Thanks in advance for anything you can toss my way... and dive recommendations (with a snorkeler in tow) are ALWAYS welcome as well.

Try the Regency Villas in Poipu or the Regency Poipu Kai - they are brand new or newer, absolutely beautiful, convenient to most everything in Poipu incl. several beaches and they might be running off-season specials. The Sheraton has run some pretty amazing specials over the past few months as well and would probably be even cheaper than the Regency. Good luck with your trip and come by and say "aloha!" when you get here :O)

And when you're on the ground looking for something to eat, Kintaro Sushi in Kapaa.

4-370 Kuhio Hwy., Kapaa, HI 96703

Oh yeah, Kintaro's sushi...yummmm....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom