Henderson 7mm suit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do different manufacturers have different buoyancy

There are different types of neoprene but as far as I know they aren't different enough from each other to make a difference in buoyancy with all the gear that divers have. The main difference in manufacturers is size range, stretchiness, warmth, and perhaps durability, though I'm not sure if that last is noticed much by the average diver. Thickness and I think style of wetsuit (like a farmer john vs a full one piece) has more impact on buoyancy

Hooded vests are also good if you get claustrophobic in neoprene on the surface (like I do). Wetsuits themselves are usually pretty comfy if they fit right but I've rarely met someone who didn't feel like they weren't suffocating in a hood on the surface. A vest you can slip in and out of pretty easily with less scalp-pulling by the hood.

What's the normal water temp range in Monterey? I'm moving there next week

To answer your question about normal water temperature in Monterey is between 50-60°F.

Back
Top Bottom