Henderson Goldcore anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thethumper

Reaction score
I just put a Henderson Gold Core on layaway. The full suit & the farmer shorty. Anyone have any input on these suits? I dive primarily 72 degree water in caverns/caves. Thinking 5 for the full suit & 3 for the farmer shorty.
Any thoughts would be helpful. Right now I dive an old black 2pc navy 5/5 = 10mil. I float like a cork! :D

Thanks, David

I've been diving for about three months with mine in temps between mid 40's to high 60's and I love it. The suits are very easy to put on, especially when dry. If you take the suit off during a surface interval, turn it inside out, the things dry quickly on the inside. When the suits are wet they are a bit harder to put on, but still manageable. I believe Henderson is also starting to market goldcore semi-dry suits also.

Steve

I've had a GoldCore 7mm farmer john for about a year. I've used it in Lake Superior in 38 degree water. Mine is holding up good. I've had to repair a couple minor tears with Aquaseal but it seems to be made pretty well.

I dive a 5mm GC in 70 deg spring and it is a bit on the warm side, but quite tolerable. You would probably be fine with 3mm, but if you don't mind the extra weight you should be good to go down intom the mid to low 60's.

This is my choice in suits.......great suit, fits well, breeze to put on . I usually have someone give my one sleeve a tug to get out of it, but it is manageable by myself is necessary. I do find that they will tear a little easier than my old michelin man style...but taking better care of it will help. I have the 7/5 mil suit and dive up hear in cold Ontario......

Thanks for your input guys. Looks like everyone that has one is pleased. I got measured & gave to my LDS & they are sending to Henderson to have it adjusted. It's not a custom suit, but Henderson will make minor factory adj. This is acyually the 1st suit I've bought new. The one I have now I got from a friend who was a Navy diver. He got hurt & stopped diving so he gave up the suit.
Thanks again,
David

...and since I don't have a lot of experience with other wetsuits... The seams on the inside (not the outside where they are sewed) pull apart on my Gold Core 5mm. I keep patching it with AquaSeal, but I now have AquaSeal all over most of the seams on the inside of the suit. Anybody else had this?

ORing has a good point.I have the new semi dry and I have to send it back to the dealer for the threads unravelling on the outside.It suck because I have to pay the shipping for something that is their fault anyway.I'll let you know how they react but I've already placed 4 calls to their head office and haven't recieved any response as of yet. Ive only got a few dives in it and am hoping they can repair or replace it.

I have two henderson gold core suits one a two piece 5 mm suit other a one piece 3 mm suit and love them both i had my 5 mm suit for 3 yrs and no promblems my 3mm for one yr
remember to turn them inside out drys guick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom