Henderson Polyolefin vs AeroSkin Polyolefin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chauncy19

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Opinions, experience, recommendations etc wanted/needed.
I am possibly out of my mind but I am thinking about a suit for summertime snorkeling and winter time snorkeling and diving in the Caribbean. I do have a newish Bare 3/2 and a beaten up lycra suit. This could replace that lycra that is ripped and feels pretty useless atleast this time in the Caribbean when the water was 78 and I was used to diving in my new 3/2 :wink:
I am looking at a Henderson Polyolefin Jumpsuit online and a Aeroskin Polyolefin at a LDS. LDS alittle more expensive but thats not an issue roughly same price. any thoughts about these two?
any thoughts about Polyolefin? Should I be looking at something else in neoprene? should I just use the 3/2?
Thinking I will need some kind of hood for sun protection too--any thoughts about that?
thanks in advance for your feedback!

Well further questions have occured to me. Difference if any between .5 and 1 mil suits? How do they compare to Polyolefin? Stiffer more constrictive? warmer? front zip vs rear zip opinions?
thanks again

I have a 3/2 suit for vacation diving and I like mt Aeroskin shorts as wet suit underwear. The shorts are pretty thick and rugged for such a streachy piece of clothing. I have had them probably a little over ten years and the elastic waist has given out. Other than that they have been the best. They are as/or more comfortable than my USN Swimmer shorts.

Neoprene will be stiffer or more constricting than polyolefin because it is a bubble filled material that has less streach to it. Polyolefin is much more like lycra, but it has some thermal property in water. Lycra does not.

I would reccomend a front zip because the back zip is a pain to close some times. And the leash that you need to close it is always flapping around where you don't want it to be. Thied, the back zipper is where one usually has thier tank slung so you now have a ridge under your back plate/back pack/tank.

Last thing, if the suit at the LDS fits, buy it. Buying online makes it difficult to try something on until it arrives.

Thanks Muddiver!
I am going to buy the aeroskin at LDS assuming it fits but why wouldn't it given the selection and elastic nature of the suit.
I did like the front zip and long length of the zipper of the suit. I will try and buy.
I will post again later (sometime this summer) about it for who ever may have an interest.

Bob

Well have to eats my words about the aeroskin and getting a proper fit at LDS. Went yesterday and couldn't get a good fit. Tried Xlarge and XXlarge. One too tight, one too loose. Don't want a "lycra"ish suit that is harder to put on then my wetsuit. So I am guessing its the Henderson although a Pinnacle Wetsuit BioPly from scubatoys is also in the running :)
anyway once I get one I'll add a note for anyone that maybe thinking about Polyolefin. I have ruled out microrprene or any 1 or half mil suit. Like the idea of being able to use a Polyolefin under my wetsuit if needed.
yes and has to be front zip!

bought Henderson Polyolefin will report back when i get it and use it.

will just received the henderson Polyolefin suit. ordered a large and it fits but does have a bit of extra material feel to it. but the aeroskin extra large was too small the the extra extra large was way too big. the aeroskin did feel more substantial but didn't want to pay extra for a custom fit. anyway writing just in case anyone has use for information. will update this once more when i finally use it in the water (about a month from now). so for now will say that the Henderson does fit and is very nice.

Back
Top Bottom