Henderson SemiDry??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrTeabag

New
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about the Henderson semi-dry? How warm/comfortable is it, etc. I love the idea of an attached hood and no water leakage, but am not sure about losing the double thickness of a farmer john.

DrT.

I don't have the Henderson Semi-dry. I have the Mares Isotherm semi-dry. I really like it. I ice dive with it. I find it to be reasonably warm and only get cold ice diving when I have to get out of it. Would I prefer a dry suit? You betcha....but this will do for a bit longer until I can scrape together the coin for a dry suit.

I have the Henderson 7/5mm Semi-dry. I am a real lightweight when it comes to cold, still, I can wear it all by itself down to 58-60 degree F surface temperatures. At that I'll begin to feel a little chilled after 50 minutes of BT.

If I add a 5mm Gold Core core warmer, I have dove it in 47 degree F water. At this, my body was great, not a hint of chill, but my hands (in 5mm velcro cuff gloves) ended up pretty cold. I have heard that a pair of 6.5mm Gold Core gloves with the cuffs folded under the suit sleeves fixes this.

The suit definitely has less than one water exchange, so say goodby to peeing in your wetsuit.

A very nice feature is the Hyperstretch shoulders, quite flexible and you still get the advantage of Gold Core.

The only problem...this is a custom suit. It took 9 (nine) months to get it made, and then the fit was waaay wrong. After one alteration, it still needs work. If I need another custom semi-dry, I will go elsewhere.

All the best, James

Doesn't the Mares now include something similar to a core warmer? I been looking at Mare myself because of no hood. Figured it gave me more options on how warm I wanted to be, small point though.

There are several positive posts on here about the Mares so the semidry idea must work.

I have a Henderson Semi dry. I back it up with a 5mm core warmer. It is easy to put on and fairly warm. I dive it in New England most of the season. I do not switch to my DUI dry suit until November and switch back in May.

Also they will make them up to 5xl and custom even though they are not listed in the catalog. good luck...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom