Here we go again...PST tanks marked E9791/SP9791

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That could just as easily pi$$ them off, and make it even less likely to get done.
Having worked in Washington with a number of agencies (mostly DoD), I wouldn't just assume because a person is a government employee they aren't doing their job or work slowly. In this case, someone(s) at DOT seems to have processed the application quickly once it was received.

Having worked in Washington with a number of agencies (mostly DoD), I wouldn't just assume because a person is a government employee they aren't doing their job or work slowly. In this case, someone(s) at DOT seems to have processed the application quickly once it was received.
Exactly. I worked for several federal agencies for much of my career. Pretty much everybody I know worked their butts off, under less than ideal conditions, and much appreciated occasional compliments and very much disliked relentless, thoughtless criticisms.

Exemption has been renewed good till 2026

Does anyone know of a good source of specs for these older genesis/PST 3500 psi cylinders besides the Huron scuba page? I've been looking for an older OEM specs page (or US Divers catalog from the mid 90's when they were selling these tanks) but haven't had any luck so far.

Ahem…. Updated SCUBA tank specifications list -- in PDF and spreadsheet

:)

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find specifications specifically for the 3500 tanks, only the 3442 tanks. However, as is discussed in the comments within that thread, the difference between the tanks is very slight, and really doesn’t change any practical factor.

So, how lucky is everyone feeling for 2026 renewal? I know we are a long way from the expiration, but I’ve got an opportunity to purchase one of these tanks and it’s worth considering.

Is the renewal process a formality or is there actual thought and evaluation that goes into deciding if it will be renewed?

So, how lucky is everyone feeling for 2026 renewal? I know we are a long way from the expiration, but I’ve got an opportunity to purchase one of these tanks and it’s worth considering.

Is the renewal process a formality or is there actual thought and evaluation that goes into deciding if it will be renewed?
This happens every 5 years for the last 15 or 20 years. I wouldn't worry about it much. If the tank is nice and the price is right, go for it.

I was a little worried as a new PSI owner right before the expiration, but the current owners jumped on getting the renewal once they were made aware of it.

Back
Top Bottom