Here we go again...PST tanks marked E9791/SP9791

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The owner does not have to be the one to renew it. I’m sure it makes it a little easier, but there are some renewals that have been handled by PSI, which is not a tank manufacturing organization. :)

DOT has made it very clear that they do not want this to lapse. They have stated that they will do everything possible to make this happen. And anyone, even an individual, can do the process. The odds of it not being renewed because no one is willing to do the paperwork is virtually zero.

As long as SP9791 tanks do not start developing unexpected dangerous problems (i.e. Aluminum 6351 – type issues) these tanks will get renewed.

But hey: if there’s anyone out there nervous about their E – 9791 tanks, I’ll happily pay double the cost of scrap for them…. And I’ll pay shipping. :)

But hey: if there’s anyone out there nervous about their E – 9791 tanks, I’ll happily pay double the cost of scrap for them…. And I’ll pay shipping. :)
When I got my PST tanks, it was $200 for a pair ($100 each) of PST Steel 100s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom