Here we go ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do I hear a hint of desperation there, Ber??:D

Actually at my LDS, the instructors have been thrilled that there's some trainees going through. They have said that hey can use all the help they can get. I actually told one of them that I plan on hanging out at the Dive Con level for a year or 2 to help out & gain some experience, before moving on to instructor levels. He jokingly said that he didn't know if he could get used to having help or not.:D

Actually I've got a great staff but I'm always looking for new people because I learn as much from them as they do from me :D I like to see what fresh eyes have to add to our program. This quarter I have 4 students and 7-8 staff members :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

That's great! I hear where you're coming from. I was just joshing with you. I really have yet to meet a serious diver who isn't on the "great" side.

Wanna come up and help :D My more experienced staff won't do March check-outs in Ohio so I have to go to Florida or make the students wait until later in the spring :rofl3:

Wanna come up and help :D My more experienced staff won't do March check-outs in Ohio so I have to go to Florida or make the students wait until later in the spring :rofl3:

As long as you let me use my new drysuit & 600gm undies, I could do it year round:D. Who knows,... I just might take you up on your offer. After that day of testing & evaluations, I only have to go through the formality of the last class, get my paperwork signed off & sent out, then wait for my Dive Con cert. card to come back.

Attachments

• New dry suit top.JPG
    New dry suit top.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 67
Our opening orientation session is Nov. 7 and we'll be spending the winter doing the academics and pool work. We'll hopefully be ready to move into the internship phase once the spring open water courses start up next May.

Hey - looks like we're on a similar schedule! I've got my first pool session for the DM course on 5th Nov.

I finished the Rescue course a couple of years ago but I wanted to get to the 200 dive mark before starting the DM course (not quite there, but should be before the end of the year). I figured winter was a good time to do DM so I can spend more time in the pool and less in the freezing water :D Should have all the skills and theory done then over winter in time for working with some classes in the spring.

Should be fun, though I'm not looking forward to diving in a BCD again, having spent the last 18 months using a wing (and long hose setup).

As long as you let me use my new drysuit & 600gm undies, I could do it year round:D. Who knows,... I just might take you up on your offer. After that day of testing & evaluations, I only have to go through the formality of the last class, get my paperwork signed off & sent out, then wait for my Dive Con cert. card to come back.

I don't have a problem with staff being in drysuits :D I am, especially THAT time of year :wink: Come on up!

I don't have a problem with staff being in drysuits :D I am, especially THAT time of year :wink: Come on up!

Does it look like you are in fact going to be having checkouts that weekend? Not sure if I'll be able to make it, but if you are definitely going to have a group there I will start exploring the possibility more seriously with my wife and our family schedule.

Back
Top Bottom