Info Here's A List of Carry-On Limits For Airlines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is an incredible resource, thank you for sharing this. I hope you don't mind, I used mod powers to edit your post to remove the period character (.) that was breaking the link.

One wonders how up-to-date this is, since the list includes US Airways....gone now for 8 years.

We recently flew Scoot Airline (Singapore Air low-dost subsiderary) SIN-MDC and return; the website was adamant that carryon was limited to 10kg. Nothing was weighed, the number of pieces weren't counted, and visually many of the bags were way over the stated size limits.

$20 bills often make bags pass carry-on parameters.

One wonders how up-to-date this is, since the list includes US Airways....gone now for 8 years.

We recently flew Scoot Airline (Singapore Air low-dost subsiderary) SIN-MDC and return; the website was adamant that carryon was limited to 10kg. Nothing was weighed, the number of pieces weren't counted, and visually many of the bags were way over the stated size limits.
Yes, I did notice the entry for US Airways, but it was left blank. There are smaller airlines in the world that are not listed, like Winair, Copa, Caribbean Air, etc.

$20 bills often make bags pass carry-on parameters.
When I was flying inside Tanzania, my bags were over. I acted stupid (not hard) and said "oh, where do I go to pay the fee?" The guy looked around to see if anyone was watching and said 10,000 shillings (~$7). I gave it to him, thanked him, and went on my way.

Yes, I did notice the entry for US Airways, but it was left blank. There are smaller airlines in the world that are not listed, like Winair, Copa, Caribbean Air, etc.
You can't fly US Airways anymore anyway.

US Airways is also on the list as part of American

Whether up to date or not, it does seem to reflect a divide between US-based airlines, which generally do not have weight limits, and non-US-based airlines, which, at least on paper, claim to have weight limits. In threads discussing the idea of taking all dive gear as carry-on, people who rarely fly non-US-based airlines sometimes seem oblivious to the real possibility of being thwarted (or shaken down).

Whether up to date or not, it does seem to reflect a divide between US-based airlines, which generally do not have weight limits, and non-US-based airlines, which, at least on paper, claim to have weight limits. In threads discussing the idea of taking all dive gear as carry-on, people who rarely fly non-US-based airlines sometimes seem oblivious to the real possibility of being thwarted (or shaken down).
That's why I'd always be ready to wear my SS BP underneath my coat! And distribute other heavy items to my wife's and daughter's carryon!

Back
Top Bottom