Here's a question for all you Texans out there

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I are once again on the search for a trip, and have settled for Cozumel again (kinda hard to beat for a dive location IMHO). The problem is we are flying Nonrev/stanby. SWA flys out from our area to Houston Hobby TX, but the connecting flight over to CZM is from GWB International IAH! Is there any transportation between the two airports, how far away are they, How long does it take to get between the two and what would one expect to pay for that connection?

Hobby to IAH is about 30 miles. The only quick way between the two would probably be a taxi, and I imagine a 30 mile cab ride will not be cheap.

Check out this link as it'll give you some ideal of what it might cost to get from Hobby to IAH. Taxi looks like it will cost approx $50, and be non stop. Shuttle service is available, but looks like you would have to go from Hobby to downtown and then on to IAH for apprx $35

http://www.houston-guide.com/facilities/transportation/transportationtaxis.html

As to how long it'll take to get between the two airports alot of it will depend on day of the week, and time of day. There also tends to be lots of construction/traffic that could factor into the equation.

SWA does fly into IAH sometimes. It will mess with your schedule a little, but if you havn't looked into it, it may be worth it.

TwoBit

There is a bus service, I forget the name, but it runs between IAH and Hobby. It costs about $10-20 and departs on the hour I believe. May actually be on the half hour in busier times of the day. The 30 mile trip is actually going to take 45-60 minutes unless you are trying to do it between 7-9am or 4-6pm, then it will probably take longer. The desk for the bus service is downstairs at Hobby at the far right end of the baggage carousels if you are by the carousels looking out towards the passenger pickup area. If you need more info, pm me and I can probably dig up some more info.

Aggiediver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom