Hero3 Black testing underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been waiting over 2 weeks for mine to show up. Gopro could do a little better on their site to let us who ordered it know when it comes in or even ships. Still only have the email that I got confirming the order. No place to check order status on the site or anything. Good luck reaching someone on the phone number and email support was a joke. The camera better be good, everything else about this experience has been horrible. Who else is waiting hopelessly for their hero3 black to magically just show up?

Hey Marty, I got my blurfix for the hero3 this week from SRP, have some connections, and I'm super excited to use it tomorrow. Hope the weather cooperates!

gopro3blurfix2.jpg

I've been waiting over 2 weeks for mine to show up. Gopro could do a little better on their site to let us who ordered it know when it comes in or even ships. Still only have the email that I got confirming the order. No place to check order status on the site or anything. Good luck reaching someone on the phone number and email support was a joke. The camera better be good, everything else about this experience has been horrible. Who else is waiting hopelessly for their hero3 black to magically just show up?

If you have the option, cancel the order and get them from a store. BestBuy has them in stock for weeks now - all 3 models.

I've been waiting over 2 weeks for mine to show up. Gopro could do a little better on their site to let us who ordered it know when it comes in or even ships. Still only have the email that I got confirming the order.

I think you're in the same boat with those of us who ordered through our dive shops or other smaller retailers. I've heard that availability of the 3BE is limited so GoPro's been trying to fulfill its big-box retailer commitments first. My LDS has been checking on expecting ship dates regularly, and the latest I heard is that they're shipping out TODAY (Nov 30). But as it's already been pushed back a couple of times, I'm not really holding my breath (just crossing my fingers).

If your in the the US try your local best buy as everyone else is still waiting for stock including gopro's direct sale who have only shipped small numbers so far. Not many other countries have stock of blacks yet either so there are many people playing the waiting game.

I have been researching gopro for a long time and after watching videos, reading forums, reading manuals I still see myself about 2 years away from mastering all there is to understand about the camera.

One topic in particular is head strap mount. I honestly do not want to drill any of my 5 masks and I would have to take my strap to my local seamstress to attach a chin mount the right way. Ohh how much would I love to jump in the water right now and test out the mount...but thing is I do not know how much of an impact it wild have on my safety as a diver or when I am taking my mask off underwater for whatever reason. Some divers reported bubbles getting into camera lens...others reported camera shifting due to weight of camera.

So I seriously started considering other options. One thing that is somewhat constant is the fact that I will be holding my main camera with both of my hands. So far I considered getting 2 ball joint mounts and attaching them to my camera setup and mount them that way. I also considered mounting camera to my shoulder somehow but I do not see how that can work since my bcd tend to shift about every once in a while. I can't really mount it on a stick like many people have since I already have my hands full so only logical thing that I can think of would be to mount one camera to my head and another on my camera setup.

I will be purchasing a chest mount for my mountain biking adventures but I doubt it could be made to work with scuba...

Or maybe I will just mount one camera to the dive boat and dive with other... That would be cool. Argh decisions decisions.

Well my black just arrived at the shop. It is going to be a couple weeks before I can play with it. I now have a combination of rigs to hold the black, the 2, and my intova. Hopefully in the next couple I weeks I can do a comparison in some very low light, a cave.

Back
Top Bottom