Hey All!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Thailand during my stint in the Air Force and at that time I was not a diver. However, I was told by many of my fellow airman that the diving was awesome. Since that time I have a friend who has been to Thailand and claims that nothing can equal Thailand diving, even Fiji. Have a great time.

Thanks for the welcome all.

I finished the pool section of my openwater SSI course in the weekend which was awesome, looking foward to doing the openwater dives over the next few weeks. My local has just swapped ownership and are having a sale so I brought a bunch of gear which should arrive over the next couple of days.

I can't remember all the specifics but some of the gear I've chosen is:

AQUALUNG, PRO QD +SURE LOCK
Decent sized steel tank
Suunto Vyper - Several questions on this... First off - From what I've read it is quite a good computer, plus the fact that it's PC Downloadable is nice, is it still a good purchase? Also I've got it installed as a gauge on my console instead of opting to wear it as a watch. What do most people do? I didn't really like the idea of having a massive watch on my wrist but I'm keen to see what others do. Finally I'm getting a protective cage built over the console. Is this worth it or it is pretty industructable as it is?

We've been having some crappy weather as of late but am looking foward to getting out there!

Back
Top Bottom