Hey Austinites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwbyron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What happened to Pisces Scuba? I was down last month and learned they changed marketing tactics, posing as a Jack Brown Cleaners? What happened with Mr. Atwood, he retire off to hondures?

Man, move away and everything changes....except the construction at 35 and ben white....nothing makes you feel at home then leaving Bergstrome with a cup of Amy's and seeing that intersection under construction.

Pisces closed after its properitor, Danny Fass, had enough of working behind the counter six days a week. He's retired and living in San Marcos.

I was a semi-regular at the Pisces Wednesday Night Dive club in its last few years. I miss Danny and his shop a lot. We would all hang out there and drink beer until the wee hours on a Wednesday after a dive. Danny was the real thing.

The Pisces club is trying to hang on, though we've all scattered to different shops now. Scubaland and Aquasports got the lionshare of us, with a few more scattered to Dive Texas and Clearwater.

The club still meets on Wednesday's at 6:00 pm. Tomorrow they will meet at Mansfield dam at the pavillion. I probably won't make it, but just go up to anyone and ask if they are Pisces. If you want to dive with them, you're a member. No dues or membership forms, but they like to drink beer and grill meat after the dive, so bring some if you got any. They also tend to meet for a dive on Sunday afternoon. They have a yahoo user group that will keep you posted on who is diving and when, along with some dive humor. I can give anyone the link who is interested.

Bump of a really old thread...

I've run into some of the Pisces group on a wednesday night and they seem real nice. Also saw the Danny memorial. Can anyone tell me how he passed away?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom