Hey, fellow mouth-breathers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FlackOps

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been reading your posts for years but finally went legit with a profile. I got certified years ago (AOW in '94) for the sole purpose of treasure hunting. I swept a lot of lake bottoms in Wisconsin over the years and have done some diving in the Bahamas. But for the life of me, I cannot seem to find a suitable freshwater dive site in Virginia or Maryland. I know my treasure hunting compatriots aren't going to tell me about their best sites (why would they?), but do any of you know any swimming holes or rivers or lakes within a four hour drive of Arlington VA that might be worth the trip? The ideal site would obviously be an abandoned beach or swimming hole with a rocky or sandy bottom. From what I've read, that site doesn't exist around here, so I'd be willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the continental US of A to find it. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Thanks, Tripp09! That's very helpful! Much obliged.

Back
Top Bottom