hey some questions on gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't discount Craigslist or the SB Classifieds if you know what you are looking for.
When I started out I bought some gear new and some used. Some of my better used Craigslist finds just FWIW:
Zeagle Ranger BC-$75.00
Atomic Z2 Reg-$125 & Suunto Vytek-$100, both brand new (dive shop going out of business)
2 Scubapro Steel 72's-$100 each
Etc...etc...etc...
You definitely want to get any gear you buy used inspected and serviced prior to use, but the savings can be substantial.

I have also bought plenty of gear through shops as well-ScubaToys/Scuba.com/LeisurePro and the LDS are all working togeter to lighten my wallet.

Hi. I am new to the Scuba Board (and diving) and have some questions about gear. I wanted to get some thoughts. I am looking at 1.) Aeris velocity XP Scuba Dive Split Fin 2.) Aeris Europa 2 Purge Dive Mask 3.) Aeris Barracuda Dry Snorkel and 4.) Aeris Manta 5mm boot. I am researching online 1st before I go to the local dive shop. I am a pretty good swimer but want to get fins that will not wear me down. The diving class starts in February, so I have a little time to research. I found this equipment on JoeDiver America'a web site. Any suggestions for a newbee?? Thanks in advance.

I remember when i was firtst starting to buy my gear... I spent many many hours reading reviews, looking at different things, going into the different dive shops, looking at leisurepro web page, asking questions, doing lots of research. i finally bout used regs from SB after consulting my LDS, then i bought my BCD (originally bout one, took it home but was not happy so returned it for a back inflate BCD) then the computer and so one.. I basically did one thing at a time, and i started with my regs, after that was bought, I went to the BCD, then the pc... if you do everything in one shot, you really get more confused and dont know where to start.. I would suggest one piece at a time, and read the thread of what i regret buying... its insightful...
Happy shopping.

Hi. I am new to the Scuba Board (and diving) and have some questions about gear. I wanted to get some thoughts. I am looking at 1.) Aeris velocity XP Scuba Dive Split Fin 2.) Aeris Europa 2 Purge Dive Mask 3.) Aeris Barracuda Dry Snorkel and 4.) Aeris Manta 5mm boot. I am researching online 1st before I go to the local dive shop. I am a pretty good swimer but want to get fins that will not wear me down. The diving class starts in February, so I have a little time to research. I found this equipment on JoeDiver America'a web site. Any suggestions for a newbee?? Thanks in advance.

Bump.. is Aeris a good brand? JoeDiver has an awesome deal going on their Velocity XP Split Fin.. from what i've seen they look legit..

Lot's of good suggestions offered. If your working with a good LDS that you trust, take time and speak with them and if you can, try out several different products. My LDS has a pool and will allows you to test anything. All the reading and recommendations in the world will not replace your own experience with the equipment. There is no right answer. As others have mentioned this is a personal decision and one you need to be comfortable with. Lot's of good products out there.

Good luck and safe diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom