Hey Texans!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Centexbear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all you fellow Texans! I am new to the board and wanted to introduce myself.

I live in Ft. Worth (born & raised) and am going through my OW certification right now...will be doing my ow checkout dives this weekend at CSSP. It is Saturday yet? It's been so hot lately, I can't wait to get back in the water with scuba gear on.

So far, I can easily say...I'm addicted..even only after doing the confined dives in a pool.

Heading to Cozumel on July 1-8, 3 days after getting certified (provided all goes well) for the real deal in the beautiful blue water...I can't wait.

Looking forward to meeting & diving with y'all and learning more about this awesome sport!

Jeff
:D:D

Welcome Jeff!

Don't get too spoiled on that blue Cozumel water though... The swamps still a great place to dive.

Enjoy!!!!!!

You'll love Coz. It's like geographical heroin - it will get in your blood and you'll have to go back for a fix every 6 mos :)

Welcome to the community!!

Yup, I'd say there's no return for you... you're definitely hooked :eyebrow:

Welcome to the Swamp! :D

Hey, Bear
Welcome to the swamp! Yup, you're gonna love Coz. Where are you staying and who will you be diving with (what charter)?

Oh, and by the way...I guess they didn't tell you about the rule that you MUST take a cetified swamp diver with you when you go to Coz, right? I hereby volunteer (dirty job, but somebody has to do it...). I just happen to be free on those dates, so get with me and I'll tell you where to send the ticket. Hey, it's a sacrifice, but I'll do anything to help out a new diver!

:D

Nice try Guba!! You let us know when that ticket arrives...

I'll be in Coz 7/10-19 diving with Scuba Mau if anyone is headed to Coz a little later...

Heading to Cozumel on July 1-8, 3 days after getting certified (provided all goes well) for the real deal in the beautiful blue water...I can't wait.
Jeff
:D:D

Actually, the real deal is what happens locally. The Caribbean is just a pleasant dream.

wemesswithtexas-vi.jpg
Don't know if you remember, but we have talked here before on SB...Not being from texas--(although I have 2 degrees from the University of Houston)---greetings & hope you have a great weekend(checkout dives) & trip to CZM-it's really beautiful there.....

The biggest thing on my mind---lol-- is WE MADE IT & Ranaudo got the win..He wasn't @ his best but Chad Jones & Coleman came in & shut them down, didn't even have to use Ice Ott for the save.....

Enjoy your future UW--it's a beautiful place AND remember---keep on learning.......

...........GEAUX TIGERS........

Last edited:
Hey Thevalkyry....

I will be in CZM from 07/17 - 07/20, diving with Adventure Discovery. We have a group of 8 going down. Staying at Casa del Mar....

Brent

Back
Top Bottom