Hi everyone, newbie member here from the Netherlands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

winger

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everybody,

Allow me to introduce myself briefly. My name is John and I live in the Netherlands.
Started snorkeling way back in 1980 at the age of 10. Got my 1* CMAS certification at 14, followed by 2* (back then same as Padi rescue diver) only a few years later.

Stopped diving altogether after 1999 because of work schedules that got in the way. About 3 years ago, during a holiday, I gave diving another shot. And immediately fell in love with the sport again.

Coming home I checked all my old gear to see if some would still be okay to use. Boy! There sure have been a lot of changes in gear/mindset and training since.... Needless to say I changed out almost all of my gear now. And.... Have also enrolled in a Padi DM course, just to try out a different training agencie.

Since most of my interweb searches always seem to land me on these forums, I finally caved in and became a member here.

Hope to have a lot of fun and get some good advice here and there.

Take care!

Last edited:
Welcome to scuba diving and welcome aboard SB! Dive safe.

Welcome. Hope you have some fine adventures and write some trip reports.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom