Hi everyone!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquabella once bubbled...

Anyway, I'm a newbie diver. I did my OW last September, AOW in October and the Rescue course in November(yes, in the dang snow!)

This year I can't wait to just get out there and get some experience(aka have fun!)

Look forward to getting to know you all!:)

Hi Aquabella!
Wow.. You took a lot of course last year.. I got my OW in June, TDI NITROX and PADI AOW in July.. Just finished my boat diver and peak performance bouyancy specialties.. Hopefully I'll get my Rescue in April.. Was it hard?
Can't wait to go diving this weekend... Drysuits rule :) You gotta try one if you live in Canada...

Welcome Aquabella!!

Yahoo. More canadian newbie’s. Actually, i lived in london for about 10 years. Your close to my age, but your picture doesn't look familiar. But then again there are 300 000 people that live in that city. I just did my OW about 4 months ago, and now all the water is frozen so no local diving since. Did get to the Caribbean though. Had the best first dives ever, aside from open water dives. Can't wait for the ice to melt. Enjoy your stay.

Hi! How's the ice diving?
From a Canadian in China.:clapping:

It's great to meet you!

Sparky,
Yeah, I was pretty busy last fall but I had a ball! I don't think the rescue course was 'hard' but I have some additional first aid training as well, so I knew most of that stuff(although, practice makes perfect). Now, doing it in the water was a different story!...man was it fun! Even in a wet suit in November. April will be a tad chilly too, but not to bad in that(sigh) DRY suit! yup, gotta get one someday:D

Hey Ghosty,
Make sure you don't get spoiled diving down in that warm stuff! I don't know how many times I've heard that lately. But hey, if you love it, you love it right? Hmmmm... I don't recognise you either, oh yeah...no picture!:D Did you go to school in town?:)

Man Diverkim, you're a long way from home! Miss it at all? My best friend is teaching in Korea, so I know what it's like to miss someone on the other side of the world. Ice diving? I haven't ventured into that one yet. I dunno...:worried: :D

Lots of us from Michigan and Canada. This is a good place to
find Great Lakes wreck divers. The board is truly international and even when we disagree we're divers first.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!:)

Hey neighbour! I hope to get together with any/all of those 'wreck' divers this summer. It'll be new to me...can't wait.

I like the international aspect of the board too. So many perspectives! I find that I learn alot from the threads where there are differing opinons. People tend to elaborate on thier points more.

Like I said before..so ..much..to read...can't...catch...up...pant, pant
:read: :D

Sorry for belated, but welcome!

And don't wait for the ice to melt, Aquabella, go diving now!
It's a part of the fun.

Welcome from lovely Holland

You really went for it with your diving education didn't you.
Have fun with your dives and brainstorming on scubaboard this year and hopefully many years to come.

Greetz from the Netherlands

frogxman once bubbled...

And don't wait for the ice to melt, Aquabella, go diving now!
It's a part of the fun.

OOO...frogxman...I like the name! What are your special powers?
I know, I know...I'm just a little bit of a chicken without a drysuit! I was sooo close to doing the New years dive in Sarnia anyway...I just got a little 'busy'...no, really, I did!:mrcool:

Hi Jean-Paul!
Someday I'll have to get over and see lovely Holland for myself! I have a feeling this is going to be a great year! Don't you? Thanks for the welcome! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom