Hi everyone!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquabella once bubbled...

OOO...frogxman...I like the name! What are your special powers?
I know, I know...I'm just a little bit of a chicken without a drysuit! I was sooo close to doing the New years dive in Sarnia anyway...I just got a little 'busy'...no, really, I did!:mrcool:

Hey Aquabella, without a drysuit I am a chicken by myself :rolleyes: . But seriously it is possible - the last time I did it our group equally consisted of people in dry and wetsuits. And it was -15 C outside with quite a windchill. So it was much warmer in the water. :D

As for name - I am just a frogman with an X. Go figure out what that means.

You've convinced me. Enough of this waiting around stuff! I"m out there! :viking: Let's see if any of my buddies are game...Hey, one of them is supposed to get back from some warm wussy place today! He doesn't know WHAT he has been missing..heh heh :D

Hey there Ari!
Party on dude! Thanks for the welcome!:D

I'm up for it!

gonna try for a shore dive at presquille this monday :wink:

canuckdiver once bubbled...
I'm up for it!

I wish it would be a weekend. That way and with your permission I could join you.

canuckdiver once bubbled...
I'm up for it!

Mon...day(whining) Man, why on a mon..day. Well if frogxman can do the wetsuit thing in march, so can I! Lemme know if you guys head out on a weekend!:bounce:

Aquabella, I think our club is organizing an ice diving day on March 16. But that will be a part of the course. If you have a necessary training you are very welcome to join, otherwise your are very welcome to join the course. PM me if you are interested.

A bunch of my friends went diving today.. Drift dive in Chippawa Creek.. I was supposed to go but couldn't, because of a nasty cold, so I showed up for moral/surface support :)
Man am I glad I didn't go.. Everybody was in doubles and drysuits..Nice thik thermal underwear.. and it was still cold.. Water temp was a balmy 31 farenheit.. Everybody had at least one freeze-up during the dive.. (Reg or inflator hose or both..) LOL..
I'm glad I didn't go :) Maybe next week.. :)

Sparky, correct me if I am wrong, but freshwater temperature can't be 31 F. 32 is a 0 C. Water temperature should be above that point otherwise the whole creek will be frozen. Salt water is another story (I know pressure can affect the freezing point temperature too)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom