Hi everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MedFlame03

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone. I am from Pennsylvania. I was injured in the line of duty 2 years ago. I was a rescue diver as well as a recreational diver. I miss diving so much. I have been talking to a couple people that have told me of different programs and help out there for people with disabilities. I would love to be able to talk to other people that have limitations as well. I hope all of you have a wonderful time diving. Enjoy. Thank you

Hello and thank you so much for your tremendous sacrifice. I'm sure I am not the only one who would offer you respect and wish you all the best that life has to offer.

Check out the Diveheart Foundation at The DiveHeart Foundation - Home
They do a lot to help divers with many different types of disabilities. I hope you are able to find a way to get back into the water!

I'm a little late here since I just got back from a dive trip to FL but I wanted to welcome you to the forum. My experience is limited to diving with a visual impairment but, like you, I'm here to share information and offer support to others that are diving with special needs.

Hi Everyone,
I've been diving since 68 and was put out of action in 05 by an automobile accident - we were "T Boned". Long story short, my back is a disaster. I can no longer take the weight of a single AL80 let alone steel doubles. Fortunately I think I've found a way to get back into things - side mount diving. Since that time, our Dive Center has brought on a Course Director who is also an instructor for the Handicapped Scuba Association. We've also worked with a lot of our returning vets. If there is any way we can help anyone, please let us know. We may even be able to come to your location.
Glad to be back,
George
PADI MSDT 33859
Prime Scuba

Medflame03,
Welcome to the board. When I came back, I took the Handicapped Scuba Association Dive Buddy course so I could dive with my fellow Iraqi veterans who were injured. The Handicap Scuba Association taught us to dive with all types of disabilities including paraplegics, quadriplegics, amputee, deaf and blind divers. If you ever find yourself in Southern California give me a PM and we will go diving. If you want more local dive buddies the Handicapped Scuba Association maintains a list of certified dive buddies.

Back
Top Bottom