Hi from cold Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Easily Amused

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well here I sit, new enough to diving that I could even go jump in a cold quarry, but with the first flurries of the year on the way I can't get anyone to join me. Hummph. Guess I'll go knit.

DH & I were certified a month ago, just in time for a short dive trip to Key Largo. He loved it ~ I spent most of my time sea-sick on the boat while he went under with the others on the trip. Didn't know I get sea-sick until just then :depressed:. I'll take precautions next time. It's not been an issue at the quarries in Ohio, there's not many whitecaps on Gilboa.

I don't know where diving will take us, but it's been great fun so far, especially when you are easily amused.

Welcome. You have some great wrecks in your area. Don't let the cold water stop you.

Easily Amused - I am in SE Detroit and completely understand what you are saying. I am so NOT READY to store my flippers for the season. I dive dry so I am really not ready to give it up yet.

Lemme know if you want to do a quick dive at Gilboa or Whitestar (are they still open on weekends?).

Natalie

It's getting to be the season when putting outings together is tough. Next it will be holidays and winter storms! Do what you can as able and don't forget to visualize your self diving with DH near home and away.

Congratulations to both of you. Diving happens a lot easier when you are both pulling on the purse strings together!

Pete

there is a group going to white star tomorrow

there is a group going to white star tomorrow

Really? With all the rain today? I figured Viz would be nil. Can you post details?

Hello! from an only slightly warmer KY. I know what you mean. I'm in my Adv. Nitrox class right now & we like to have frozen our butts off Sat. at the quarry in Hopkinsville, KY. I was almost warmer in the water. I just found out this last spring that I can also get sea sick on small boats & I've been on dozens of boats. I actually found that if I am sea sick, if I go ahead & dive, I feel a whole lot better once I get a few feet under the waves. The nausea is gone almost instantly,...... until I have to surface again (darn that need for air:D...... seems soooooo overrated:D).

welcome aboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom