Hi from the UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jensta

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi from the UK,

I've just joined ScubaBoard. I'm in the middle of my DM training and wanted some tips on perfecting my mask fill/clear. My search brought me here and it looks like a pretty useful site.

Hopefully I'll get some tips and make some friends along the way :)

JJ x

Hi from the UK,

I've just joined ScubaBoard. I'm in the middle of my DM training and wanted some tips on perfecting my mask fill/clear. My search brought me here and it looks like a pretty useful site.

Hopefully I'll get some tips and make some friends along the way :)

JJ x

I found that the main problem I had was the thermal shock to my nose which was very unpleasant. We were told to allow the water in nice and slow to give our nose/face time to acclimatise, with that advice I did find it a lot easier and not as distressing. It was so much easier in the pool and warm seas.

The other problem I have is getting the mask seal straight whilst wearing thick gloves, this was worth practicing in the pool whilst wearing the gloves you wear for open water dives.

Where will you be doing the open water dive for the course?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom