Hi I am a new Diver who would like to earn some experience in the water. Dive Anytime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may wait and skip this dive on Sunday. I don't think the cold moved into my lungs, but I know you're right, waiting is a better idea.

Maybe a night dive on Wed. You should come, I'll show you the octo on Whyte Islet :wink:

jeckyll:
Seriously, do you know of any local doctors who know alot about diving? I wouldn't mind finding one to chat with (and for reference).

Bjorn

Dr. House at the Copeman Healthcare Centre practices dive medicine. It is my understanding that he is one of the very few in town that still does. Even though Copeman is a private clinic, Dr. House will still see you, without you having to pay extra fees, if you mention that the appointment is for a dive medical. That's how I got in. From my experience, he is a good guy to talk to.

Bill.

Awesome Bill. Thanks :)

Lightning Fish:
Dr. House at the Copeman Healthcare Centre practices dive medicine. It is my understanding that he is one of the very few in town that still does. Even though Copeman is a private clinic, Dr. House will still see you, without you having to pay extra fees, if you mention that the appointment is for a dive medical. That's how I got in. From my experience, he is a good guy to talk to.

Bill.

so this doc won't charge if you need to have a dive medical form filled out like the ones if you are taking a dive course?
Les

Les:
so this doc won't charge if you need to have a dive medical form filled out like the ones if you are taking a dive course?
Les

That's why I went and I wasn't charged. Obviously my BC medical plan will receive a bill for the appointment, but no extra charges for me.

Cheers,
Bill.

Hi,

I'm a new diver in the Vancouver area as well and would be up for a dive this weekend-- Porteau or Whitecliff this February 4th or 5th. Have car, will travel ;-)

Rod

Lightning Fish:
That's why I went and I wasn't charged. Obviously my BC medical plan will receive a bill for the appointment, but no extra charges for me.

Cheers,
Bill.

Okay, I was just told that BC medical may not cover dive medicals. Extended medical might. So if you are expecting a 'free' check up, you might want to confirm with your doctor first.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom