Hi! My name is Martijn - and I just went live with my sustainable scuba dive brand Divehack :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi everyone!

Nice to meet you all! My name is Martijn, I'm an PADI advanced diver and I have exiting news, because I just went live with my sustainable scuba diving brand :)

After a half year of hard work, yesterday I launched my sustainable dive brand Divehack. I did that with an awesome kick off video and a kickstarter-campaign. Divehack helps to protect the ocean and it’s aquatic life for future generations. We do so by using scuba divers must-have essentials - or seasentials as I call them - to solve most diving inconveniences and to make each trip a little more exited. And all these items are made with ocean preservation in mind, like an ocean cleanup bag, reef-safe sunscreen (which doesn’t harm the coral like most suncreams) and more.

I would love to hear your opinion and reviews :)

Nice to meet you! Cheers, Martijn

https://re.tc/divehack_lancering
Welcome to Scubaboard.

Martijn, appreciate you putting yourself out there and handling the critique well.
Looks like there's some constructive thoughts. Along with some disrespectful bashing, which is unfortunate.

Looking at the Ready Set from my viewpoint as a vacation diver, the 3 things I looked at were size, contents, and price.

Tried to compare the size of the box with the tube of sunscreen and it seems small enough that I might pack it. Would want to know it's dimensions though. I'm always thinking about space in a suitcase.

As a diver/snorkeler, the contents/set wouldn’t provide anything different from what I already take on trips and has items that I don’t need (that I would be paying for.) The most different thing to me is the jellyfish sting gel which is something I don't have, but could have used in the past, and do have an interest in. The set is really geared for a diver first and not something a snorkeler only would purchase as there are dive specific items in it.

* Would think that there are a group of eco-friendly divers who would want to know the contents of the sunscreen and if it has been tested, as other reef safe sunscreens have been.

The price point, if my conversion was right puts it at ~$56 US.

I like the dive brand name and that the products are eco-friendly but for the price of the contents, I would be inclined to continue to use a small dry box to carry only the things that I needed specifically for my diving or snorkeling. Seems like it might be something to market to new divers as something like a starter kit with the possibility of having repeat customers coming back for the consumables.

Good luck!

Hi guys,

Thank you all for your suggestions, critics and succes wishes :) I will use them all to update my products 1 by 1, and after that in The Ready Set itself.
Special thanks to @jonhall @Imla and @JohnnyC - I appreciate that you are thinking with me to make things better.
I hope to be back in a few months with new updates :) Feel free to follow the updates on instagram.com/divehack.

Cheers,
Martijn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom