HI to all KPP Divers.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Bob, congrats on your recent certification! I hope besides maybe an occasional nice tropical dive here & there, you get to enjoy the local diving also. Like I've said before, if you're ever looking for a buddy & find yourself down at the Hopkinsville quarry, Look me up. I should be there 3/5 weekends most of the time.

Hey Tammy - I will definitely keep that offer in mind, and see if I can't make use of it in the near future. I’m trying to get some of the students in my class to make a trip to Penny Royal for a day or two. It would be nice if we could meet up with you since you’re familiar with that dive location. You may get bored diving with me as I'm only cert to 60'. I want to get a few dives in this summer and then take the AOW this fall. Also want to get on Nitrox just so the 60 year old bones feel better after a few dives.

Hi Bob. Hope to see you at Joe's some time.

Sorry Tracker I’m new at this and not sure where Joe’s is located.

Geez guys do I have to do it all? Invite Bob to the KPP 4th of July three day weekend dive.
The more that ride the donkey the more entertaining it is. :D

Now riding the donkey is something I’m ready to see, and then I’ll make up my mind if I’m ready to ride. Won’t be doing either this 4th, I’ll be in Grayling with a fly rod in hand at that time.

I was afraid you would scare him off by implying I'm a trouble maker! :D

Bob; looks like about 89 miles or a 1.40 hour drive for you.
July 4th at FRP

Come on up and join us!:popcorn:

Btw; watch out for crpntr133, he is a trouble maker! :rofl3:

Would love to, but again will be in Grayling FF for the week. Keep me in mind for other things that pop up, would like to meet all you folks.

Hey Bob if you get real gutsy there is always Lake Herrington... If you ever make it to the old Curtsingers tell them Brian from Indy says hey!!

Brian – I have boated on Herrington and I don’t know if I’ll ever get that “gutsy.”
I need to stop into Curtsingers pretty soon anyway, if I mention your name are they going to throw me out on my ear? :D
Sounds like a great group here around the KY-ANA area, and I look forward to meeting you folks.

Be safe and ride that donkey until it caves!!!

Hey Tammy - I will definitely keep that offer in mind, and see if I can't make use of it in the near future. I’m trying to get some of the students in my class to make a trip to Penny Royal for a day or two. It would be nice if we could meet up with you since you’re familiar with that dive location. You may get bored diving with me as I'm only cert to 60'. I want to get a few dives in this summer and then take the AOW this fall. Also want to get on Nitrox just so the 60 year old bones feel better after a few dives.

You & any of your classmates would be most welcome & don't worry, you wouldn't be a bore at all. I dive with newly certified divers all the time & consider it an honor to do so (plus I thoroughly enjoy it too!:D) so do let that stop you in any way. Your plan for advancement sounds quite logical & realistic, so stick with it:wink:. If you are at all curious about Pennyroyal, you can look up their web site at Pennyroyal Scuba Blue Springs Resort . ope to see you down there some time soon.

Sorry Tracker I’m new at this and not sure where Joe’s is located.

Joe's (Falling Rock quarry) is a shallow quarry (about 45ft at the deepest point) is located just a little bit outside of LaGrange KY (about 30- 45 min. East Northeast of Louisville). Nice place with several attractions to check out. I last dove there in January.

Hello Bob! Welcome aboard.

If you find your way up to Joe's check in here and somebody from the KPP will likely be there most weekends.

Hello Bob! Welcome aboard.

If you find your way up to Joe's check in here and somebody from the KPP will likely be there most weekends.

Hey John - You can take that to the bank I will be checking. There's nothing better than to contact folks who know the ropes.

It may be sooner than you think. I just got in touch with a couple of the students in my OW class and they are all chomping at the bit to get in the water. But there are some logistics to work out first.

If you can...(Or anyone else who should read this).....help me with camping questions - Tell me what you know about camping up at Joe's if you don't mind. Would a travel trailer be welcome there, what kind of hook-ups do they have, i.e. water, electric, etc., or none? Is it dry camping and you have to be self contained, (which is not a problem)? Do they have a dump station?

Thanks in advance for any info you could provide on that, and look forward to meeting up with you and other KPP divers.

Very primitive. Port-o-pots and lot's of rock. Camp fires are allowed. Maybe someone else would know better, but I don't think a generator would be a welcome sound at night. Drowns out the Coyote's and frogs. Oh yeah, and my snoring.

The more that ride the donkey the more entertaining it is. :D

I'm curious about the donkey...
is it just a underwater statue or a real donkey?
will the donkey act as a sherpa to carry my gear down to the water?
what is the charge for a donkey to transport my gear?
is there a 200' ski rope tied to the donkey so he can run around the outside of the quarry an pull me around while I'm underwater like a scooter?
what is the charge for a donkey scooter ride?

thanks in advance,
Jim

I'm curious about the donkey...

He is curious about you too! :D

will the donkey act as a sherpa to carry my gear down to the water?

If you can yank up doubles from a squat, what do you need a sherpa for??? :rofl3:

is it just a underwater statue or a real donkey?

I don't think I've ever seen an underwater donkey, It would be an interesting photo op though!!!

There is no charge for initiation into the KPP, you came close last trip, :11: show up and all will be revealed!

As far as camping at FRP; I used to primitive camp in the Rockies, what are you people talking about?:confused:
Granted; FRP is no 5 star....0 star establishment, but your not having to pack out your own $&It in your back pack!:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom