Hi 'y'all' from Nashville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
Speaking of trouble....

Chad mentioned something about "sizing me up" at the hotel.

Kymerm...you have any idea what exactly that means?

BTW...jbd...Chad told me to ask you if there was any chance of getting into Joe's on Friday before DIR-F....I am going to borrow his singles rig...and I'd like to hop in with it before we start class.

Kymerm ... you have any idea what exactly that means?

OH Geez ... you guys are so warped ... I'm NOT EVEN going there! This is a family board after all. :eek:ut: I would love to be one of Joe's quarry critter's buzzing around that weekend, just to see you all in full form. :D :D DIR, my arse! j/k, of course. :wink: I love you guys! :)

KyMermaidDivr once bubbled...
I would love to be one of Joe's quarry critter's buzzing around that weekend, just to see you all in full form.
Hey we need someone to laugh with/at us/me.
:D :D DIR, my arse! .... I love you guys! :)
I'm telling chad when he gets back

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

Hey we need someone to laugh with/at us/me.

Like he won't read it before he get's back?? :D There are at least two or three laptops down there, so no SB or DS withdrawal for the anyone.

That's OK anyway ... he's suffered from hoof and mouth disease himself. :eek:ut: He knows I'm :joke:

Aren't you guys going to be videotaped? How much do they go for I wonder?? :D

KyMermaidDivr once bubbled...
Aren't you guys going to be videotaped? How much do they go for I wonder?? :D

You'll have to PM MHK...I'm sure for the right price he'd be willing to make copies for anyone interested. They'll probably be expensive if the instructors for some reason creep into the shots...I don't want anyone having a point of reference as to how non-horizontal I am.....

vodolaz once bubbled...
Exotic Dale Hollow? Now you're spoiled forever. :wink:

Some of the KPP divers are planning a trip down to Nashville this summer. It'll be a good chance to meet up with them, if you haven't already by that point.

There's also a trip to the Great Lakes being planned, if you're into that sort of thing.

WHY would they want to visit Nashville??!!

I gotta buy a drysuit sometime soon, so I might be up for that Great Lakes thing.

Jen

Martha's quarry.

hydrophilicity once bubbled...
WHY would they want to visit Nashville??!!
For one, Martha's has two multistory UW buildings which can be fun to play around in as well as provide a simulation of wreck diving.

With areas in the quarry where the water doesn't mix, there are training opportunities for both wetsuit and drysuit...ahem! :wink:... divers throughout the summer/fall season. It's a good way to keep your skills up between trips or to develop skills for more advanced classes.

Plus they seem to like to travel a lot. :D They're even talking of a weekend trip to Pelham Quarry down in Birmingham. That's too far for me, and I'm several hours closer than they are.

a large get togther sponsored by the Bluegrass Dive club at Falling Rock on the 12th & 13th of July. I'll be there along with some of the others in our group. I've got a certification to do and then will have to leave to teach pool sessions Saturday afternoon:) I think some folks are planning on camping that weekend.

Back
Top Bottom