hibernating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Registered
Reaction score
Is everyone hibernating for the winter, someone must be going to find warm water, let us know were you plan on diving this winter.

B

I'm a little removed from KY right now but hope to get some diving in the Hopkinsville quarry when I get back and the weather warms up and a 3mm farmer john style wetsuit can keep me comfortable enough.

You in Iraq? We support you 110%, don't pay attention to anyone that says otherwise.

It won't be warm enough for a 3mm until June or later...

I've found a bunch of warm water springs here in kentucky that I've been diving in. The water is pretty murky, but the attendants are friendly and laugh alot. My reading isnt very good, but the name of one of the springs is wastewatertreatmentplant. Well, time to go diving!

DavidPT40:
I've found a bunch of warm water springs here in kentucky that I've been diving in. The water is pretty murky, but the attendants are friendly and laugh alot. My reading isnt very good, but the name of one of the springs is wastewatertreatmentplant. Well, time to go diving!

We have a spring in London by the same name, but I don't think diving it would be much fun!

The organic mercury levels are so high in those 2 lakes near you, diving that "warm spring" might not make a difference if you're worried about toxins.:D

There is a good reason 1 in 2 american men will get the big C.

I think the only warm water close to me is that in the bath tub. So I bought a dry suit and now the search goes on for a dive buddy. New Years eve at Mermet looks like my next dive..no warm water there.

Me and my son had a trip to Ginnie springs planned but it fell through. :sad_2: We went to Paradise Divers today though and burned a tank of air in their pool. We practiced all our skills and then perfected the art of blowing air rings. The water temp was about 80 deg. and the vis was perfect. :D Hey, at least we got wet.

John

Any body up for a New Years Eve dive?? Looks like the group has bailed on me for Mermet.

There will be a gathering at Gilboa on New Year's Day. Should be plenty of buddies to go around. I don't know if any are going to be there for the Eve though.
Ber :lilbunny:

Back
Top Bottom