Hid 1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonny boy

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi There,

I recently purchased a HID1000 and i am having some issues with it.
When i first received it i cycled the battery 6 times as instructed in the manual and got a decent burn time. The torch has now done 2 dives giving a total of 8 battery cycles. I tries to strike the torch last night to test the burn time but all i got was a spark in the bulb and no strike. I assumed that the battery had run down as i have not used it for a week so i tried charging it, after half an hour the charger indicated that the battery was full. Upon picking up the battery it was VERY hot to the touch and had a slight burnt smell coming from it. Any ideas what could be causing this or is there any trouble shooting that i can do to narrow down the list of possible problems? This is a real shame as i was really happy with the lights performance on the first 2 dives!! After both dives i checked the light meticulously for flooding etc and nothing was apparent.
Any inout at all would be helpful.

cheers

Jon

Hi Jon,

We need to take a look at it. Sounds like something going on in the ballast. Give Mike an email at service@diverite.com and he'll help you troubleshoot and/or send in for an evaluation.

We'll get you fixed up quickly.

Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom