High Pressure Hose Configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@CuzzA and @BurhanMuntasser

I'm just curious - how do you route your 40" primary hose? Under or over your right arm? Around your neck? I assume you only plan on vertical ascents for OOG?

Under the right arm, no around neck. I use it in recreational diving only.

Note: I am talking about the SP and the Atomic models only, not the other brands or configuration from other vendors. SP and Atomic version are easy/good breathers no issues with their use or having them on me at all. I have used this configuration in all types of diving, NE, NY/NJ, Cozumel, Pacific all over, Caribbean all over, Malaysia, Middle East, etc.

Under the right arm, no around neck.

I assume you must have some sort of swivel between the 40" primary hose and your second stage then? With that length of hose, do you think I might find that it sticks out and / or is not streamlined? It would be great to see a picture ...

I assume you must have some sort of swivel between the 40" primary hose and your second stage then? With that length of hose, do you think I might find that it sticks out and / or is not streamlined? It would be great to see a picture ...

Used a 360 swivel for years and then switched to a 110 elbow and it works just fine. It is actually very streamlined, nothing sticks out.

Note: I have Atomic and SP regulators with swivel turret first stages that have a 5th port on the top of the turret. The 40" hose is connected to this 5th port and with the port/turret facing down. It works beautifully.

Back
Top Bottom