Highland/XS scuba Cambands.....Doesn't seem right

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Zef which style of the Edge bands do you have?

I have the EDGE Quick Fit Cam Strap with Stainless Steel Buckle.

When I ordered them I was unaware that Edge offered 2 different types of quick connect/disconnect cam straps...because of this, apparently, I did not choose wisely.

While I may be out a few dollars, what I gained was experience with the product and the ability to chime in with first-hand knowledge whenever the subject comes up.

-Z

I highly recommend the highland cam bands!

Hi everyone, I just ordered the highland quick release cam bands off Amazon $60 for a pair. I received them quickly and installed them. They work great! Just as advertised. I was considering trying some of the newer style like aqua lung or scuba pro qd but I’ve been diving since 1998 so I’m very familiar with the traditional style cam buckle. That’s the reason I went with highland.

I just found this thread after I received them and am very surprised that people hate them so much. They must have updated the design because they work perfect. I don’t have to modify anything or unlace the webbing to disconnect the two pieces. Just wanted to give my 2 cents in case someone is looking at buying quick release cam bands in the future. If there is any interest I can make a video so people can see how easy they are to use.

I highly recommend the highland cam bands!

Hi everyone, I just ordered the highland quick release cam bands off Amazon $60 for a pair. I received them quickly and installed them. They work great! Just as advertised. I was considering trying some of the newer style like aqua lung or scuba pro qd but I’ve been diving since 1998 so I’m very familiar with the traditional style cam buckle. That’s the reason I went with highland.

I just found this thread after I received them and am very surprised that people hate them so much. They must have updated the design because they work perfect. I don’t have to modify anything or unlace the webbing to disconnect the two pieces. Just wanted to give my 2 cents in case someone is looking at buying quick release cam bands in the future. If there is any interest I can make a video so people can see how easy they are to use.

If they have updated the design, I would love to see a video of how they work now.

Here you go. Hope this shows enough.

Thanks! It does look like they made the hooks much shorter. Obviously (from the video), they are now very usable.

The highland bands are easy to fix, just hacksaw part of the hook off:

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom