Hints for packing for first liveaboard trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pack, and then take out half of what you packed! Also, take clothes pins to hang your wet clothes. Take a spray bottle filled with baby shampoo. Use this to spray yourself down with before putting on your wetsuit. This serves two purposes, it lubricates you for the wetsuit (which becomes very tiring after the 30th dive, especially in a thick full suit) and it also helps keep your suit smelling baby fresh!

I also take a spare mask, mask strap, spare regulator and at least one spare dive computer. Some operations will not let you dive for 24 hours if your dive computer dies. This happened to me, so I now dive with 3 dive computers at all times - wrist, integrated and spare NDL only model. On my last trip, one of my fins broke and I wished I had brought a spare! I was grateful for the pair I was able to rent, but they really hurt my feet and caused blisters. So this leads to another tip, inspect your gear very thoroughly before packing. If I would have done this before that trip, I would have noticed the cracks in my Scubapro Novawings beforehand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom