Hints on Beaver Lake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
HI all I'm looking for a lead on a barge that is down near the Indian Creek area on Beaver? I had a fellow diver some years back mark it on a map but I no longer have the map any help would be great!

Avonthediver,
I don't have a map with diving locations on it, but here is a map of the area.

icmap.gif

I stopped and talked with an old man that was manning the park booth last spring. He was talking about a house boat that he said was off of the south side of this map (notice north is down on this map). I'm not sure exactly where it is, but if you stopped by there they could probably help you out. I did end up diving just to the south of the swim area on the map. There are a couple of small boats and other little things in that little cove, but overall not a lot to see. I think there is also some bluffs off the west side of this map, but again I haven't dove there. I'm thinking about doing some camping there some weekend this summer and thoroughly exploring the entire area.

I am guessing you are talking about this barge?
I found it a few years ago but can't give you great directions on where she is exactly?
It was in 50 ft of water just out from campsite #9 on this map, not sure how much this helps? I only dived it once.

BLake%202.jpg

Thanks guy's this does help I'll start my search this weekend I did a small dive a few weeks ago in the Indian creek park and all I found was a few training lines at the far west point were the new camp grounds are being put in. And the house boat is new, I wonder if the barge and house boat are one and the same?
Dweller I saw a post that you did a General Pike awhile back whats your viz like up their I would like to hit it soon and looking for the best viz I can get for some video.

Avonthediver, just curious, are you diving a dry suit this time of year?

Good question: In answer I should be but most that know me will tell you I have a few screw's loose cause I normaly dive a 7mm year around! I do have a dry suit and it does make it a "bit" warmer but I am not real fond of dry suits so Like I said a few screw's loose!
So do you dive dry?
On another note SteveBF and I are wanting to put together a dive club and this is an open invite to any diver in our area so as we get a place, date, and time we will send out a proper invite to any and all diver's.

And this is in the wrong post but this is from 2006 when we were so dry and the Amphitheather is showing a little. To the far right is the boat launch and you can see the old road and foundation's to the bank block. And to the left the large sandy lookin area is a service road people like to use and park when the water is low and you can still use it when the water is at normal pool it just has a lot less area to park. I once did a long surface swim just to see if it was doable from the parking lot.....don't!!
From the boat parking by the old fireplace you can do a dive to the footer foundations to the hotel but its not alot to see.

http://jamesmskipper.tripod.com/jamesmskipper/MonteNe1.html

Attachments

• monte ne 2006.jpg
    monte ne 2006.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 285
On another note SteveBF and I are wanting to put together a dive club and this is an open invite to any diver in our area so as we get a place, date, and time we will send out a proper invite to any and all diver's.

Count me as an interested party if you guys get this going.

Last weekend I was in Degray sporting a 7 mil semi-dri. If you guys don't mind two guy with a screw loose, let me know.

Well Can't be worse than Avon. He thinks I'm part eskimo as well but I havnt gotten hypothermia yet. I live in little rock area as well. Hit me up for a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom