Hire a private DM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have found this to be true as well!!!!!!
I find that by and large folks diving together are pretty tolerant and considerate of each other. If I have to wait on less experienced divers on descent, or if they have to wait on me to come up, we usually all manage to get along pretty well.

My wife and I have hired a dive master for the first day out.

Our first time to Cozumel and we will be diving sidemount.

We have only shore dived in sidemount so far - first time trying it from a boat.

So, we expect to have a few hiccups with the setting up and did not want to delay the other divers.

I also think that a diver that does need the extra attention but chooses not to pay for it is also unfair to the rest of the group

Agreed. On multiple occasions with larger groups (6-8) our DM has disappeared to chase a diver who couldn't stay with the group or surfaced with one who needed handholding. He would just signal one of us to shoot our SMB and we'd stick together and stay out of swim-throughs and off of walls until it was time to surface based on air. If we were unfamiliar with the reefs, we'd have had to thumb those dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom