Hiya!! I'm looking for cheap and good places to dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there! I too think the pickie is great, cool cat!!!
Before I had read the rest of this thread, I was going to suggest the Red Sea, it has sadly become known as the spain of diving for us Brits, simply because it is so cheap and easy to get to, yet has such incredible diving.
But like the others have already mentioned, it sounds as though you are in a great place for diving already, I was in Singapore for a while back in the late 80's an amazing place. Unfortunately I had not discovered diving at the time, so think I missed out there!

Where did you get it - sorry I am off topic but that is really cute and I am cat lover too!

hey guys... frankly speaking, I can't remember where I got that pic from. Great to know that it's in popular demand.

Sinners -
I've been to both and Redang is not exactly cheap (the journey there is killing me!!)and of cos Dayang is the cheapest considering the kind of accommodation they provide. I heard from other DMs that Pulau Tenggol's a great place and not overcrowded with divers there. Have you been there?

Divebunnie -
Red Sea... :hmmm: ....I bubbled before that's way too far and of cos not cheap for me (Airticket alone can actually get me 4 trips to Dayang ) Any one volunteer to sponsor?? Just joking....

I have a boat that I want to get in the water. There are lots of wreaks and reefs here off the coast of SC. Got gas money? We can get you air. Or, if you want to go deep water, we can charter a ridged hull inflatable for $280 / 4 = $70.00 a person and we are so there. I've got a spare room. : ) R

PS you and I take a buddy each and that equals foursome.

There are so many great and cheap places to dive if you live in Singapore. For two or three day weekends, trips to Tioman, Aur, Diyang, etc. are all cheap and better than you can get to for weekend diving almost anywhere in the world (except if you happen to live in Minado or something).

On a live aboard from Singapore or Mersing, you can easily reach the Kuantan wreck (Nichi Asu Maru), Seven Skies, the Udang rigs and Anambas. It may be slightly more expensive but it's worth it for the diversity. With a good boat/DM, those places can be magic.

For slightly longer - and more expensive - trips, you can reach Manado, Lembeh Straits, Sipadan, Bali, Phuket, etc. These are all fantastic places for diving.

I would say that you are spoiled for choice!!!

After reading some other posts, I have some more thoughts. Tenggol, Perhentian, Redang, etc. are great places too but best left for three day weekends.

I think if you really want cheap diving, you can actually get that in Singapore waters (stop laughing everyone!!!). What you need to do is find someone that knows Singapore waters well and go out with them. You may be going on bumboats but with a knowledgeable guide, you would be amazed at what you can find. Sea horses, squid, sharks, turtles, manatees can all be found (some more often than others!) I don't know the current going rate but it should be something like S$50 or S$75 at the most for 2 or 3 dives. Diving this cheap in low viz is also good training for other diving. I have not been out with him in at least 10 years but I know William & Ruby Ong are famous for their local knowledge - you may want to try them although I am sure there are many others.

p.s. - contrary to what you may believe, I won't get kickbacks from either the Ongs or the PAP!

ehy, don't forget Italy!!
I'll guide you through the best italian cheap diving.
not really fishy but wrecks and caves are nice.
In '5 Terre' you'll dive with less than 20 Euro and it's very nice, if you don't look for big fish :D
Now I'm selecting the best diving center and will have top accomodation with them for the syndacate of divers... POVEROSUB.COM

ciao,
Marco

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom