Hobe Sound Wreck Yak Dive: Any Takers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shcubasteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
What up all:

Ive had my eye on this wreck off Hobe Sound for a while, and am finally planning to Yak dive it. I did this wreck from a traditional vessel and had a great time: see pictures. Max depth:35'. According to the numbers I have and goggle earth, the wreck appears less then 1/2 mile offshore. Thats nothing for the Scupper Pro! Whenever the weather cooperates (summer) few friends and I are going to check it out. Anyone interested?

Two concerns:
I'm not real familiar with Jupiter island and have yet to find a place to put in; any suggestions? Anyone have a name for this wreck- 12 miles south of SLI?

Steve

Attachments

• PICT0009.jpg
    PICT0009.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 115
  • PICT0008.jpg
    PICT0008.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 108
  • camera mount.jpg
    camera mount.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 143
  • PICT0039.jpg
    PICT0039.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 110
Steve, that is just 1-1/2 hours from me...have yak, will travel. If you organize it, they will come. :) Seriously please do some research then set up a dive and picnic here! :D (Sundays please...I work Saturdays...hate it but grateful to be working.)

I wish I had a yak.

Steve, that is just 1-1/2 hours from me...have yak, will travel. If you organize it, they will come. :) Seriously please do some research then set up a dive and picnic here! :D (Sundays please...I work Saturdays...hate it but grateful to be working.)

Debby,

Dive and Picnic is what I am shooting for: pot-luck style... hopefully we will get enough people to make it fun! Thanks for your interest!

Steve
Deep Six Jensen

Last edited:
Steve, it will be fan-tastic!!! Please hold off until after Sinko De Mayo, like late May or so.

Alright! I found the link to the youtube video. Fast forward past the H&L cobia to 33 seconds for video of the wreck. Check out the sick clouds at the end.:buggy:... Wouldnt want to get stuck in that storm on a yak!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1241634586561391908&hl=en

Get the GPS numbers, do it on a Sunday or a Friday and I'm there!

Definitly looks cool but its 3 hrs from my house. To bad Im not working over there anymore.

The name of the wreck is either the GulfPride or the GulfLand, depending who you ask.... This wreck is well known in my area and nothing secret... Still a cool place to dive! We'll see when the water clears and the waves calm down.

Steve

The closest public access is probably Blowing rocks, maybe a mile south.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom