HOG BP/w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crush

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have experience with Highly Optimized Gear (HOG) BP/w? Recommended, or not?

Thanks

I have a HOG 32# wing for my warm/salt setup (on a Dive Rite plate and harness). Great quality, no major issues, and an exceptional price. I wouldn't hesitate buying another one.

I've been in a HOG 32 for about 30 dives. Quality is comparable to that of bigger name wings but at an unbelievably low price. Chris, the customer relations guy (goes by Cerich on here) does a fantastic job of supporting potential/new users of HOG gear. I love mine and would buy it again should something unfortunate happen to my current rig.

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience with Highly Optimized Gear (HOG) BP/w? Recommended, or not?

Thanks

I've got a rig exactly like craracer's. I bought it last year and have no problems. This is my fourth BP/W setup and I would not hesitate to buy another one.

I have the HOG 58lbs wing. Its been great and the only complant I have is that the inflator hose was a little too short for my liking. Other then that, the wing is definatly a steal for the price.

I have the HOG 58lbs wing. Its been great and the only complant I have is that the inflator hose was a little too short for my liking. Other then that, the wing is definatly a steal for the price.

You can swap out to a longer inflator hose.

You don't want a backplate/wing, they suck

StreetDoctor, you know that I have never said that. Most of my negative posts have been about some (perhaps a minority) of BP/w users, not the product itself.

I appreciate all the advice to date.

I have a HOG 32#, also, and also love it.

the K

You can swap out to a longer inflator hose.

I did end up swaping it out for a longer one so that the inflator sits comfortably in front of me rather then on top of my shoulder. Now I couldnt be happier with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom