HOG reg hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

np251

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All

Thinking of changing out our regs, since the hose routing for the Mares MR12 (mine) and the Oceanic (hers) leave a LOT to be desired in our single tank configurations.

Was wondering if anyone has any pics of their HOG D1 (the new 5th port version) set up on a single tank so that i can get a feel for how clean it looks.

Cheers

Do you dive with a 7' hose on your primary and short bungied backup?.......aka Hogarthian.
Put the long hose on the end port pointing down and cocked a bit to the right.

The MR12 routes very well single tank Hogarthian style.

100_0666.jpg

Not the greatest picture but this is how I do it. Bottom port long hose, looking at the picture left side 22" lp back up hose, right top HP hose, right side back LPI hose, right front drysuit inflator hose.

Hi

Fishpie- Yes, Im rigged Hogarthian style- 7 foot primary and bungied back-up. Any chance you have a pic of the MR12 rigged 'very well'? No matter what i do, i end up with a hose pretty much pointing straight up.

Aqua-andy- Thanks for the pic- looks pretty good. how high above the valve does the reg sit? looks to be a couple inches. I kinda like that it is far away from the wing

cheers

Aqua-andy- Thanks for the pic- looks pretty good. how high above the valve does the reg sit? looks to be a couple inches. I kinda like that it is far away from the wing

cheers

The corrugated hose is pulling it down as it sits there. If you inflate the wing the top of it is just under the drysuit inflator hose.

Nice. Im liking the idea of these more and more.

we just got stung for $145 service on the Oceanics and i dont even know where im going to get my Mares serviced. i like the user serviceability of these D1s

Don't forget even if you don't do them yourself, rebuild on the HOGs and Edge regs is every two years. I charge roughly 90 bucks including parts plus return shipping for a single tank reg set (extra cruddy ones that need more time are higher. So rinse em well.). Every two years. There is a recommended annual inspection where with me they get a good cleaning, pressures checked and adjusted, spg o rings replaced, any questionable hose o rings replaced, for 25 plus return shipping. So every two years the price is just a few bucks more than what you paid for the Oceanic service.

Don't forget even if you don't do them yourself, rebuild on the HOGs and Edge regs is every two years. I charge roughly 90 bucks including parts plus return shipping for a single tank reg set (extra cruddy ones that need more time are higher. So rinse em well.). Every two years. There is a recommended annual inspection where with me they get a good cleaning, pressures checked and adjusted, spg o rings replaced, any questionable hose o rings replaced, for 25 plus return shipping. So every two years the price is just a few bucks more than what you paid for the Oceanic service.

good to know, thanks. Thats a bit easier on the wallet than $145/year.

You dont do specials deals for buying 2 1st stages and 4 secondaries, do you? like 2 for 1?

cheers

Back
Top Bottom