Hog Regulator Combo or get something better ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of the 3 regs I have, AL, SP, and HOG, I like the later best. Not because of price, but because of the support available to me should I have an issue. I can call and talk to Chris and get resolution, not a phone menu or a automated response. All 3 regs work, they all keep me alive under water. I'm pretty sure it would be more than a minute or two on hold if you tired to direct dial the CEO of either SP or AL. But I'm just a consumer.

Attachments

• 2405044-feed_troll.jpg
    2405044-feed_troll.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
REALLY? Who are you talking about? There is me and Jack my Ops Manager that work for HOG and are posting on here, NOBODY else.

I have NO idea at all what your problem with me or my company is but it is obvious you have one.

I will be in Denver TOMORROW evening, would love to buy you a beer and find out EXACTLY what you are taking issue to.

In the mean time is it too much to ask that you refrain from making false accusation that somebody from my organization and stop accusing us of somehow using slander?

Best

Chris Richardson
Let me see if I follow this thread. The OP posts hog or Is there something better. Then the OP buys a SubGear SG - 1000.

The Op gets slammed by posters who are " working " for hog.

Now they are using slander against Scubapro & SubGear.

---------- Post Merged at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:52 AM ----------

I agree

Constantly praising HOG regs and the company and bashing ScubaPro regs and the company by some members got to such a ridiculous point that it does not make sense anymore and IMHO does not serve HOG company well.

Hey Chris, we met briefly at a SCUBA show a few months back, but if you ever find yourself in New England, drop me a line. I'd love to buy YOU a beer. Keep up the good work. I can't find a bad thing to say about my experences with you, your company, or your products.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Hey Chris, we met briefly at a SCUBA show a few months back, but if you ever find yourself in New England, drop me a line. I'd love to buy YOU a beer. Keep up the good work. I can't find a bad thing to say about my experences with you, your company, or your products.

I never heard of HOG until this year when I decided to get back into tech diving seriously again.
With the cost of gear and servicing, I am happy to say that HOG works for my diving and probably most peoples IMO...if it didn't then I/we would have to look elsewhere as do some divers...

1 set of doubles cold
2 stage/deco cold
1 singles cold
plus some other stuff

Keep up the great business model, it obviously works!

Passion. It's what makes a non-competitive sport so danged competitive. The industry norm is: "If I don't teach it, dive it or sell it, then it must be crap". This often gives way to the "my reg can beat up your reg" discussions that seem to denigrate into nothing but accusations and counter accusations and ultimately, your opponent's mom wears combat boots. We get it, but it does nothing to further our understanding or pleasure of diving.

While there is nothing wrong with a modicum of passion, un-bridled it can foment intolerance and ill will among under water comrades. Make no bones about it: I love my Hog Side Mount regs. I also love my Atomic Regs. I also love my TUSA, my Oceanic and even (shudder) my SP Regs. I like each reg for a different reason and while I will favor one reg over another, something new will soon replace it even though I could never bear to sell the old ones. Heck, I just rebuilt my AL Micra Seconds and Cousteau firsts a couple of weeks ago. I even found a Micra left hand reg that I am thinking of using for sidemount because the Micra is so stinking small and light. Yesterday, I dove some new Edge Regs for the first time. I got a few sets to use for teaching and frankly, I really, liked them.

But my passion is not for a single reg manufacturer or any piece of equipment: it's for diving. Equipment is great, but all too often people throw gear at a training issue. I don't really care what's in your mouth or on your back, I want to see what you do with it. How's your trim, buoyancy and propulsion? Have you thought things through so you don't become a liability on a trip? What other knowledge or skill are you bringing to the table? What other knowledge or skill are you trying to improve? For some, much needed tolerance is in order. Get off the merry go round I cited in my first paragraph. Just because something is popular or not popular does not impact how it will serve your purposes. Read and comprehend. Learn and grow. Live and let live. We are a community of divers. Let's at least act like we have something in common so that we can be friends and dive buddies.

Passion. It's what makes a non-competitive sport so danged competitive. The industry norm is: "If I don't teach it, dive it or sell it, then it must be crap".

Personally I could be happy with any number of regs. When I got back into diving I checked out all my options and picked Hog. It was one stop shopping for a high quality 7' long hose rig with brass and glass SPG at a phenomal price point. I can attest that it's a great choice ( that is what this thread was asking ) and there are many other great choices out there.

Perhaps if a certain landlocked LDS would open his eyes up to this he could be the platinum dealer for Hog's instead of ScubaPro...

Perhaps if a certain landlocked LDS would open his eyes up to this he could be the platinum dealer for Hog's instead of ScubaPro...
Maybe, just maybe, he's happy with ScubaPro? Does he HAVE to become a retailer for HOG in order to be a great LDS? Heck, I've dove with the man and he's alright by me.

no he doesn't have to be a HOG dealer to be a great dive shop at all. Lots of great shops aren't EDGE or HOG or...Scubapro dealers... LOL

But seriously I have trouble believing that ANY shop that spends so much effort and energy to harm the reputation of a brand they don't carry is actually offering great service. To me GREAT service begins where the dollar ends, in other words giving great service even when you don't make money or lose money to make it right. It's easy to offer great service when you are getting paid to, not so much when you aren't. He isn't selling HOG, he is actively involved in a campaign against us because he seems to dislike the attention and positive reviews we are getting. Good service would be saying "hey they are good and here is why I think what I carry is better" not what has been happening here at all. He has even gone so far as to lie about what my company has said and done.

Maybe, just maybe, he's happy with ScubaPro? Does he HAVE to become a retailer for HOG in order to be a great LDS? Heck, I've dove with the man and he's alright by me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom