Hog Service Course with Jim Lapenta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ND5342

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just wanted to share that I took the Hog Regulator Service course with Jim Lapenta in Canonsburg, PA, which is just outside of Pittsburgh. The course was well worth the money in my opinion. The charge of $275 may seem a little steep but if you are interested in getting into regulator repair this course gives you some great foundational knowledge. Jim is a great instructor and he even provides a few extras that make it a great value. As a regulator technician who has paid for some other manufacturer courses this one seems like a great value and I learned more about regulator function and tuning than in any of those other courses, and not to mention a few other great tips and tricks from Jim. The course is based around the book Regulator Savvy and requires you to do some homework before you ever show up to class. I had already read the book before but it was nice to put it all together with the practical application after.

I have been an active reader of the board for quite a while but this is my first post. I really felt the need to share my experience as Jim did a great job I highly recommend Jim for this course and and I am sure he brings that same great professionalism to his other courses as well.

I sent Jim my Hogs for service last November and am happy with the results as well.

Never have met the man, However, my dealings with him and his books, I wish I had been able to attend the course! Who knows, I may retire one of these days and do the things I want!!

I would expect no less from Jim

Jim is kinda like Capt. Nemo from the movie, "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen".... a mechanical wizard !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom