HOG SPG in Black

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone use this SPG? Positives? Negatives?

No, sorry, I went for the chrome & white one. It goes with the pink better. :depressed:

:giggle:

I have two of them, and they are lovely! Easy to read, the face is light-chargable and they hold the glow for a good while, seem to be very well made. I got mine from Cave Adventurers. (my link) I do not have the 2" model. $55 each.

Last edited:
Modest improvement over the white back. Since you actually see the parts which are illuminated not the negative image of them on a white background. Nothing to jump up and down about tho.

it's good. It works well, and in low light (or let's say dark) conditions there is a small plus.

Some people have complained about potential leaks, which I though I had (not really related to the black version, but the HOG SPG in general), but just 'tuning' the spool and got it fixed. I have a second HOG (black) SPG and never had an issue with it.

Can also be found for 50-60$, which is another plus.

Works well, easier to read on night dives, and it looks cool, what else could you need?

Thanks everyone. I have to buy a SPG. I had been diving with a wireless, but have now decided I need the analog gauge. Looks like I'm going black.

I thought most SPG's were made in the same place in Italy...is that true?

I find it a little easier to see in limited visibility, but it is still a brass and glass SPG. I just wanted something different from the rest my SPG's.

On the positive side most HOG gear is a true value for your dollar. I haven't seen any negatives to their products.

On the positive side most HOG gear is a true value for your dollar. I haven't seen any negatives to their products.

Well . . . . :dance: . . . . they ARE addictive . . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom