Hole In the Wall, with the Jupiter Dive Center, 05/16/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SSharkk

Contributor
Reaction score
Hole In the Wall, with the Jupiter Dive Center, 05/16/08

Exceptional dive conditions today: moderate currents greased all three dives and, the visibility was more than 70 feet and blue with little cloud cover and, only a breeze for wind.

Hole In the Wall – Big schools of jack cervalle and, bonitos, surprisingly not one shark was spotted.

Area 51 – Six caribbean reef sharks (two of them adult females, the first adult Carcharhinus perezi I have seen in Florida, possibly migrants), two jewfish, two hawksbill turtles (one was tagged), two loggerhead turtles, two southern stingrays.

Scarface – two free swimming green morays, two jewfish, two hawksbills, amberjacks, horse-eye jacks and loads of reef fish.

Check in: Gerry Carroll and Kyle

Boat crew: Captain Mike and Heather, divemaster Ham, deckhand Clay

Great report.... Sorry that you got burned on the sharks at the hole.

Thanks luv2diveWPB. I plan to hit the "Hole" again Friday and, praying hard to see many of the toothy beasts. How has the shark action been off Palm Beach this season?

We used to get Palm Beach spring days when we would see scores of bull sharks traveling north with other migrants like bonitos and amberjacks. On the best day I ever had off Palm Beach we got mixed into a stew of about 150 adult bulls sharks that were following a school of huge bluefish out at "130." We were "stirred in among 'em" from the drop until we finished the safety stop and got on the boat. It was one of the top ten dives of my life and a pure of adrenaline thrill. I won't get over that occurrence in this lifetime.

Top to bottom and, rippin', with plenty of sharkies. Palm Beach County can be a world class wonder when she's puttin' out.

Jeff Trotta

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom