holiday nightmares!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DORSETBOY

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
What's your worst experience on holiday?

I was out in cairns last year when after a 5 day liveaboard we went out on the town to celebrate... sat outside of O'Reiley's at a table, a little worse for wear(!), I got myself bitten on the hand by a spider.

Feeling a tad drunk I went back to the hostel to sleep it off.

The next day I woke up with my hand inflamed and one of my fingers dark blue! Feeling nervous about going to the docs I stupidly left it for 4 days before plucking up the 'courage' to go see one. The doc took one look and then told me that if I'd left it any longer it could have got very serious. I then spent the next several days in and out of hospital before checking myself out and getting on a plane straight back to Thailand.

Definetely a case of ignorance NOT being bliss!

Did you ever find out what kind of spider it was? I think Australia has a few really nasty ones...

I did get food poisoning once in Acapulco. Being the adventurous eater I am, at a very upscale restaurant I had to try an appetizer with an unprounceable delicacy (htl...something - a corn fungus) in it. It had a cream sauce to it, and to this day, I avoid dairy related foods in the tropics. Ugh! I wanted to die! After it was over, it was all I could do to sit under a palapa and drink cola, I was so weak.

Huitlacoche! That was it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom